Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Have a listen to a track I recorded

silentman

Very nice indeed, sir !!

It always puts a smile on my face to hear a player using tasteful slow vibrato. Match that to a strong song (sung by a guy who can actually sing) and a nice cracky snare sound = that's a good combo. The whole vibe of it reminded me of 'This Kiss' by Faith Hill. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comments so far guys. This was done on ProTools 9. All electric guitars were played by me and tracked with the AxeFX II direct. Acoustics were miced in the bathroom, LOL. Bass was done using Eleven rack done by a friend - it really makes the track. If you can listen with headphones you'll really hear the sick bass playing. Drums were played by bass player's brother on a roland V-kit using the Nashville Kit plug in on EZ Drummer via MIDI. Add some cool vocals and bam done. The bridge backup vocals are like 6 tracks of 3 of us singing at ther same time = huge! I EQ'd & mixed the track as well.

The lead tone was a Solodano patch recorded with a PRS Custom 24. The clean edge- like stuff is AC30 with dotted 8th delay played on a G&L strat (legacy?). Marshall used for a crunch sound with a PRS Hollowbody. And I think there are clean tracks with it as well with a Fender sim. Again all AxeFX II with minimal dailing in of tones.

Sounds really nice. Pretty slick sounding with good lead playing and vocals.

Perhaps most notably, it has a great bridge followed by a tasteful harmony lead break down.

Me Like. :)

yep. nice job!

Very nicely done! I found delay on the vocals a bit distracting for some reason. It was just loud enough to call attention to itself, but not really lound enough to sound like it was intended as an "effect". I listened through headphones though; I would imagine it's unnoticeable through speakers.

-

Austin

Archived