Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Seymour Duncan Antiquity Texas

e-isle rock

Just installed them in my T-62. Wow. Wish I did this a long time ago. Those along with an MXR Custom Badass OD sound fantastic. I haven't been this inspired to play since, well that acoustic I bought a couple weeks ago:) Anyways, anyone else using these pups? What distance from the strings did you set them up at?

Specs look good to me! I was a big fan of the Fender Texas Specials in my former (now an HFCer's) AmStd Roadhouse Strat. These appear to be wound a good bit hotter; good for taming the highs in the bridge position.

I have the Duncan Antiquity hot Texas in the bridge of my T62. Got it pretty straight aligned to the strings (not tilted treble side towards strings) and pretty close to the strings. It sounds awesome.

I have the Duncan Surfer Antiquites in the middle and neck position. This is a great strat set. Oomph in the bridge, and bell like strat tones in the middle and neck. I am a happy camper with these pups, (thanks to Elduave for setting me up with the Surfers!)

edit: I set the neck pretty far from the strings treble side tilted towards the strings and bass side way down towards the pick guard, same with the middle pup (a tad closer to the stringa than the neck), also with the treble side tilted towards the strings and bass side screwed way down.

As ususal with new pups it takes me a few weeks of tweaking to get it 100% right. I try them in various lengths from the strings, and various amount of tilt, until I get it just the way I want it. Use your ears to decide what works best for you.

Had to pull out the T62 and play it some tonight.

Height:

Neck; bass side; approx 1,5 mm above the pick guard. Treble side approx 2,6 mm

Middle: bass side; approx 2,5 mm above the pick guard. Treble side approx 4 mm

Bridge: bass side; approx 5 mm above the pick guard. Treble side approx 4,2 mm

I've had an Antiquity Texas Hot in the neck position of my favorite guitar in the world for over 10 years now. Never looked back. Perfect neck pickup on an alder/maple bolt-on platform.

Archived