Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ace is back and he told you so....

You would think that i would learn my lesson!!!

I had bought 2 or these prior to this one...both mint, closet queens....both played like crap!!!

I take a chance on this one...its been played, but not abused, and its a MONSTER!!!!

I'm talkin bout the Washburn Ace Frehley AF-40V!!!! These guitars were built to promote Ace's Frehleys Comet solo project in 1987....Ace was not a huge fan of these and rarely ever played one. They are pretty rare...you dont see them around much.

I'm a HUGE Ace fan...and i love these guitars...but they are not known for their playability. This one is bone stock, has a few battle scars, but overall is in really nice shape. The neck is a nice Med. C shape. Its 24 frets whick is kinds nice. The stock Washburn pickup is really hot...great for high gain.

Very light and well balacned. Im not sure on the wood? probably basswood?

I couldnt resist this one and i'm glad i picked it up....the price was right and its a great player!

Thanks for hooking me up Lisa!

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Those are very "late 80's" for sure. Cool in a very time typical way. Do they come with a Wonderbar? ^_^

NIce score! I remember those, though never played one. Have to say, the Wonder Bar did not stay around long. :P I'll be interested in hearing your opinion on it after you've played it a for a while.

I've got one, and while Ace didn't like them, mine plays and sounds great. They got kind of valuable for a short time, but I have no idea what they're worth now, but I wouldn't sell mine.

this one plays great as well. The one i had before this one, i paid $2500...it was mint. A few yrs back i paid $2750 for a NOS AF-40......this one i paid FAR less...it was a good snag.

is yours silver or red?

glad you found one that plays good.

as for value, our heros are dropping like flies, so just hang on to it for awhile, it will be more valuable when ace kicks the bucket.

I've got one, and while Ace didn't like them, mine plays and sounds great. They got kind of valuable for a short time, but I have no idea what they're worth now, but I wouldn't sell mine.

this one plays great as well. The one i had before this one, i paid $2500...it was mint. A few yrs back i paid $2750 for a NOS AF-40......this one i paid FAR less...it was a good snag.

is yours silver or red?

Armitage_Ace-Frehley-Washburn3.jpg

Mine is silver, I never liked the red much. Much rarer I suppose. I got a bunch of spare Wonderbar parts put in the case, I figured they may may become hard to find... I'm glad I did. I've really put a lot of miles on mine, and it's a great sofa guitar too, yet it looks like new. The only things showing any wear are the knobs, the black has gone white in a few spots. Besides the Switchcraft jack (the original was total crap, the cable would literally fall out), the guitar is stock.

I've always loved it.

I got to sit down and have a beer with Ace and Sabastain Bach in the Minneapolis Airport in 2000. Ace is the only Kiss member still alive I have any respect for. Gene Simmons suing King Diamond over his makeup was the last time I ever thought about seeing them in concert.

Nice guitar by the way!

Archived