Hamer Fan Club Message Center

And I don't know why...

Excellent.

The record (showing my age again) version is one of those songs which sounds simple to play but I could never get it to sound right.

Not sure who actually wrote it Dave or Noddy but they really knew how to write a good pop/rock song.

Now, where are my stack heel boots (sorry to mention shoes again Feynman) and glitter headband.......................

The first "heavy metal" album that I ever bought. I would get home from school before anyone else would come home in the 5th grade and put on the Metal Health album and air guitar hard for 10 minutes.

When Carlos would hit the solo, I would get chills. I used to want to play drums but Quiet Riot made me want to play guitar.

Epic shit and intensely well played.

The first "heavy metal" album that I ever bought. I would get home from school before anyone else would come home in the 5th grade and put on the Metal Health album and air guitar hard for 10 minutes.

When Carlos would hit the solo, I would get chills. I used to want to play drums but Quiet Riot made me want to play guitar.

Epic shit and intensely well played.

LOL I'm from the same place, Zen- Metal Health was my badge of distinction in high school. Everyone was listening to Rush and Michael Jackson and the Bangles back then and I was proudly walking around humming "Come one feel the noize..." Even had a Quiet Riot pin I wore on my jean jacket... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another one that bought "Metal Health" as their first Heavy Metal album. I think the next two were Pyromania and Screaming for Vengeance....

Iconic video for the title track, I always thought, too....Sarzo playing his upside-down bass solo, etc.

Good memories, there.

Cool!

The first time I heard that song was when Slade was on some TV performance which was simulcast on the radio. I taped it on a Tandberg 7" reel to reel. I probably still have the tape somewhere. I think they also did Janis Joplin's "Move Over".

Heard Slade first myself. Goodbye to Jane, Mama were all crazy now, etc.

Quiet Riot's version is spot on and is my fave. Like when Hendrix covered Dylan's songs.

Archived