Hamer Fan Club Message Center

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neat!

VERY nice. Looks a lot like my 76.

I also believe its more than likely a 77 (production was very low until 1978).

Could be Palatine, depending on when in 77 it was done.

Guess I need to bid high....

Really High, like Serial said production had not jumped yet and Hamer was pretty much making "The Standard" and Custom Guitars at this time. If its a 77 then the Sunburst was still taking its baby steps.

Anyone want to make a bet on whether or not the headstock breaks in shipping? This is one of those guitars you either drive in to pick up or you send a flight case to the seller for shipping.

It can't be more than 10 miles away from me, local pickup won't be a problem :)

Anyone want to make a bet on whether or not the headstock breaks in shipping? This is one of those guitars you either drive in to pick up or you send a flight case to the seller for shipping.

It can't be more than 10 miles away from me, local pickup won't be a problem :)

My suggestion is, make contact with him, make him an offer and go pick it up.

I wrote a really long response on speculation, Vintage Hamers, History to just hear myself blab about things that I don't know about. Then I deleted it, that felt pretty good.

The short and the skinny is: If you have to ask how much its going to go for then step away before you get hurt.

Dammit! Hamer fans bid on eBay like people in Chicago vote! :o

Nine days left folks...pace yourselves.

At this rate the seller won't bite on my low-ball offer! :mellow:

**eta:

- There's something weird about that center seam. (Serial Steve says it's typical)

- It's in a non-original case with stickers of questionable taste. (Serial Steve says it's original)

- Are you really going to trust someone living in a hotel to pack that thing up proper?

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole if I had to have it shipped to me. I'd happily pass to let someone local pick it up to make certain it remains intact. You're eyes are feeling very heavy.

Case is original-center seam is typical. The case on my 76 (#0017) is identical, but has brown velvet lining.

Flight cases were made by Star Cases.

Archived