Hamer Fan Club Message Center

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is very cool Serial. My 4 digit had a very old piece of tape on the end of the case that said 415. Guess what my address is? 415 how wierd is that!

That is the area code for San Fran.....AND San Quentin. Gee, maybe it was used at the latter by Johnny Cash!

Now how can a guy named bubs_42 not bid on #42? I think its a feynman plot to win a bet. Plus, its also the answer to life, the universe, and everything!

Considering I feel that the coin it will bring i'd have to sell just about all my guitar. (Which I am not willing to do. )

it's destiny, Bubs!

You just want my Standard.

It's true. I'd consider deducting 10% from the wager if you wanted it.

10% when I already won? Go back to eating your bananna chump! I mean chimp....NO I mean Chump!

Any tax-smart members around? Seller claims he must charge sales tax in CA, but he's not a business that's purchased the item for resale.

Any truth to this, or is it just a convenient way to avoid local sales?

Am I missing something? Most of the seller's eBay history is selling collectible guitar picks? And NOW a guitar worth mega-bucks? Just sayin'

Any tax-smart members around? Seller claims he must charge sales tax in CA, but he's not a business that's purchased the item for resale.

OR a way to charge more and never remit the funds to the state(?)

OR a way to charge more and never remit the funds to the state(?)

Bingo!

IMG_3670.jpg

Original case tag...

Man, how cool is that pass???

76' Johnny & Edgar tour..... LOVE IT!!!

Mark

I emailed the seller. Told him my son was a deputy sheriff stationed in the city next door and I'd rather have him bring it ro me on his next trip home. Asked if a handoff could be arranged - - cashiers check,no paypal, no CA taxes in exchange for the guitar.. Will let you know what he says. No answer, no bid.

Not that I'm aware of. I've only ever seen one in person and it was so covered in stickers, you couldn't tell if it was on one of the panels.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm highly intrigued about the flight case b/c one of my 4-digit Standards came with a flight case, so now I have to dig it out of storage to see. Would only the earliest Standards be associated with the flight case? I think mine is # 19X ?

Also, do all of the early center seam cases have the same form fitted interior like the one in this auction?

Thanks

Flight cases were always available but I don't think they did enough to warrant advertising it. Form-fit cases disappeared sometime in 1977 from what I can tell. At that point, they were able to secure a regular supplier.

from the seller

Dear

Actually no. I don't accept cashier's checks/money orders. They are stolen all the time from financial institutions. Also, I don't do local pick-ups. Thank you for your interest.

- eclectibles23

Yesterday: "If you were to pay in cash, the transaction would have to take place in the lobby of my bank. Unfortunately, I don't know you and there are too many scumbags showing up at someone's residence with a gun. At my bank, everything's on video tape and there's an armed guard."

Today: "As for local pick-ups, I decided it's best (and safer) not to do them."

Not sure how you get more safe than video tape and an armed guard.

A 4-digit for sale less than 10 minutes from me and no amount of money will prevent it from being turned over to a shipping company.

Tell him you will buy a couple of his other collectible items too! Course maybe he has the guitar picks under armed guard too.......

I suppose a person COULD spot a guitar case outside the bank and ambush him on the way in from the parking lot...... :mellow:

Archived