Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I know of a legitimate offer of over $15k for an early one that was turned down.

How long ago was this? The market does go down as well as up.

The big difference though is if the guitar was actually for sale at the time.

If I wanted to sell my 1980 4 Digit Standard I'd want $4,000+ (No it's not for sale)

I know it's not in the same league as the 77 we are discussing here which has a higher value to a collector due to it's early manufacture date and low S/N.

If someone was trying to buy it from me and I didn't want to sell it it's a matter of how high they're prepared to go before I caved in, I don't particularly need the money at the moment (thank God) and it took me a long time to find it so they'd have to go pretty high before I let it go.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I hope he got what he wanted out of it. We were all looking forward to the grand show it would have been at the end of the auction but alast that didn't happen. IN THE END, I for one am thankfull that at least some of Hamers Work is being appreciated. I can't wait for the book to come out, Hamer Guitars were a snap shot in time of the History of Guitar Building and so many times they go unmentioned.

How long ago was this? The market does go down as well as up.

The big difference though is if the guitar was actually for sale at the time.

This was a few years ago, but not at the peak of 4-digit pricing. The guitar was not for sale, but a few five-figure numbers have been tossed out by unrelated prospective buyers on that one.

I think the guy is a douche for making such a big deal about not taking any offers and letting the auction take its course. It would have been better to be silent.

I do hope the guitar is legit and someone here found her a new home.

It's very possible he just decided not to sell.

It's very possible he just decided not to sell.
And it's very possible that I might shit gold bullion.
I can think of two occasions. One was a Robin and one was a Baker.

I think YOU were the one with the gold bullion on those occasions, Rausch.

• 1 year later...

Archived