Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Malagueña. Times five.

My son, Brandon got to meet Celene and Pepe and their boys when he went to Brownsville last year for the National Ensemble Competition. His Ensemble posed for pics with them and Celene put his hand on Brandon's shoulder. Brandon texted me and said, "Celene put his hand on my shoulder and now I can play better."

• 1 year later...

I didn't know the Romeros, beautiful!

I always forget what a great composer Ernesto Lecuona was. I listen mostly to his vocal compositions, but he has a few for guitar and piano, and they are amazing

Thanks for sharing serial :)

My son, Brandon got to meet Celene and Pepe and their boys when he went to Brownsville last year for the National Ensemble Competition. His Ensemble posed for pics with them and Celene put his hand on Brandon's shoulder. Brandon texted me and said, "Celene put his hand on my shoulder and now I can play better."

Looking forward to hearing Brandon play at Stetson some day soon. My buddy Dave's son Stevie is first seat French Horn. Stephen Robinson (a great player) brings in some heavy hitters too. We are so lucky here in Central Florida.

Little precision: "Malagena Salerosa" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malague%C3%B1a_Salerosa) and "La Malagena" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malague%C3%B1a_(song)) are two completely different pieces.

Now, this is for me one of the best guitar versions of "La Malagena" out there:

And this one is the real thing on piano, played by Lecuona himself:

This needs revisited. Robert Rodriguez. FeeNom.

I love Robert Rodriguez as a writer and director, not so much as a guitarist.

The rest of the band Chingon (which translates as "Badass" :) is really

an Austin band called Del Castillo, and they act as RR's backup band when he needs to look like he knows what he's doing.

They're freakin smokin! I saw them live in Austin a few years back and they tore it up.

Looking forward to hearing Brandon play at Stetson some day soon. My buddy Dave's son Stevie is first seat French Horn. Stephen Robinson (a great player) brings in some heavy hitters too. We are so lucky here in Central Florida.

Hey Shark, I will be happy to PM you with concert info and hope to see you there. What year is Stevie in? Ditto on Dr. Robinson. What talent and a wonderful symposium he has established there. It's wonderful that Stetson sees the value in the arts. We are very excited to be there for the next four years.

Chingon (which translates as "Badass" :))

It's a little higher octane than badass...

It could have been worse, it could have been Mamon y sus Chingones...

I don't like it, although they play great, is like going to a Kill Bill themed park....is the same idea in a different sauce...oh wait...i'm pretty sure lots of you would like a Kill Bill themed park....

• 4 months later...

Archived