Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Songs you never have to hear again...

Had regular radio on today and heard songs i never have to hear again.

so it got me thinking.

Another brick in the wall

Lady madonna

Hotel california

Sympathy for the devil

Money

Rock and roll

You really got me ( any version)

Almost any Boston song

Free Bird

Thats not even the tip of the iceberg... Dont get me wrong these are great songs just beaten to death by programers who 1. think they're hip and 2. rely on computer printed demographics to spoon feed the same damn thing day after day sometimes at the same time of the day. Its sad. So what you say. as Peter griffin says "What grinds your gears" Peace

I hate the worn out radio songs, too, but when those songs are heard in the context of the albums on which they appeared they sound good. Hearing those songs in concert is still fun, but I have to agree that I never want to hear them on the radio.

I shot the Sheriff - EC My most hated song.

Basically, most Led Zep, Jimi etc. that they overplay. I remember listening to the radio as a kid and they'd get into the deeper tracks but not anymore. Now that ppl DL by song then those deeper tracks will become even deeper because they mainly just DL the most popular stuff they hear on the radio - a vicious cycle!

Any of the Pink Floyd radio hit rotation songs ... JEEZ!

We've got a really good hard-rock station (WTUE) outta

Dayton, OH , but I swear ... they play Pink Floyd what seems

at least once an hour. We've got a small transistor radio in

our bathroom, and everytime I take a shower, or

pinch a loaf, there goes Money, Comfortably Numb, Hey You,

Another Brick In The Wall, Time, etc.

I DO like Floyd, but man ... there's SO much more music

out there. WTUE does play the occasional obscure

tune; example just the other night, they played Aerosmith's

Draw The Line. Couldn't believe it. I ain't ever heard that

song on the radio.

But back to the overplayed songs, that's why I hate

the radio ... the repetitiveness, and the fuggin' commercials.

5 minutes of tunes ... 7 minutes of commercials. :unsure: Just give me

my CDs.

Anything they play on the top 40 station I listen to at 620 am every morning. They have contests at that time that are usually easy to win. Then I put in seether, stone sour or audioslave usually as of late.

BTW.....some R & B guy actually remade Extreme's "More than words" and it is in rotation heavy now......LMAO.

They can't come up with anything new anymore. They're all remakes!!

I always make sure to tell my daughters "that's not something new, that's what I listened to when I was your age!"

Comfortably Numb is a favorite of WRDU 106.1 in Raleigh, NC, as well. You can almost set your clock to it. WRDU also plays alot of Styx for some reason!

I never get sick of that song! That solo rules!

Any of the Pink Floyd radio hit rotation songs ... JEEZ!

We've got a really good hard-rock station (WTUE) outta

Dayton, OH , but I swear ... they play Pink Floyd what seems

at least once an hour. We've got a small transistor radio in

our bathroom, and everytime I take a shower, or

pinch a loaf, there goes Money, Comfortably Numb, Hey You,

Another Brick In The Wall, Time, etc.

I DO like Floyd, but man ... there's SO much more music

out there. WTUE does play the occasional obscure

tune; example just the other night, they played Aerosmith's

Draw The Line. Couldn't believe it. I ain't ever heard that

song on the radio.

But back to the overplayed songs, that's why I hate

the radio ... the repetitiveness, and the fuggin' commercials.

5 minutes of tunes ... 7 minutes of commercials. :unsure: Just give me

my CDs.

WTUE Rules! My favorite radio station growing up! They play a hell of a lot more AC/DC than Pink Floyd though! Especially after Wing FM (102.9) went under. Now I think thy are the only real rock station in Dayton so they do a lot more classic rock (they even advertise themselves as a classic rock station now). Still, a great station. They used to play a lot of BC (Brother Cane) as well.

Late eighties, early nineties L.A. had a really cool station called KNAC. Lot's of metal. Poser metal, Thrash metal, Death metal, younameit metal. Then one day I tuned in and heard Ricky Martin! KNAC was not KNAC anymore!

L.A.'s very lucky because they've got KCRW. Very eclectic mix of music. I was turned onto lots of different types of music and artists because of that staion. They've got a cool website. On Friday nights they had a program called "Chocolate City". Man, with that kind of music playing you can leave the Viagara at home! :unsure:

Good Times!

"Old Time Rock and Roll". Gawd I hate that song. Makes me think of cheesy wedding bands in tuxedos with plastic happy smiles plastered on their faces, moving with no rhythm whatsoever.

When I moved to PA from NC in the late 80s, there was a phenomenon I dubbed "the Three B's" that was a pervasive sickness in the prime radio stations in the major markets between the two states. "Boston, Bad Company and Bob Seger". Thank providence that that has passed. Unfortunately, it has been replaced with the Rob Thomas fever, which is far worse. I hate that guy more than Coldplay.

Oh yeah, ANYTHING by Clapton after Derek and the Dominoes (that includes that horrid acoustic version of Layla!).

Had regular radio on today and heard songs i never have to hear again.

so it got me thinking.

Another brick in the wall

Lady madonna

Hotel california

Sympathy for the devil

Money

Rock and roll

You really got me ( any version)

Almost any Boston song

Free Bird

You just listed half of our local ClearChannel (WRFX ~ the Fox) playlist. They must have a 'play Gimme Three Steps twice a day' policy.....probably masterbated when The Black Crowes hit the scene. Finally, they had something from the 1990 to play.

And WRDU is stuck in 1979. When we were in the area for Christmas, I think the newest song they played was from 1982. It's as if I never left NCSU. Still, it's better than Charlotte and they get props for that killer bell choir version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Every local Charlotte radio station is just torpid.

S.

Charlotte, Winston, Greensboro, they all had bad radio in the 80s! The college radio stations were better, but the signals were usually too weak to pick up with any consistency, so I pretty much stopped listening to radio for music. Hmmm. Sounds like today's radio too! Every now and again, one of the local stations will slip and play "Crackerman" though.

I don't know the last time I tuned my radio to FM. It's either sports radio or CDs for me.

+1.

When the wife's in the car we'll tune to one of these "formatless" stations that are all over the Chicago airwaves now. I try not to drive around with her very often.

"Light My Fire" by the Doors (Still don't mind hearing Jose Feliciano do it though)

"All Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix (if all you ever listened to was the radio, you'd think Hendrix only had one song)

"Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seger

Comfortably Numb is a favorite of WRDU 106.1 in Raleigh, NC, as well. You can almost set your clock to it. WRDU also plays alot of Styx for some reason!

no shit! sometime i notice wrdu will play the SAME songs at the SAME time, almost like they got lazy and just replayed yesterdays broadcast.

i like the "2 guys named chris" morning show here in greensboro on 92.5, but they also play the same ol' classic rock clear channel shit.

Archived