Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I had a less-than-stellar deal with an HFC member in the past. Amp head missing feet (with screw holes on the bottom showing where the feet used to be), non-original/inferior quality/shorter power cord, and the wrong (but functioning) rectifier. I chose not to go public even after the member plead ignorance and refused to do anything for me. Buyer beware, everywhere.

The last bad deal I can remember hearing about was that "Minty" and "Prestine" Destroyer which I think was a couple years ago

Simply one of the best threads ever:

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/19391-grade-this-for-me-please/

Missed this the first time thru. I was riveted. Truly Pulitzer- grade material in that thread, MCChris.

Once I had a failed trade with a fellow here. I had been asking on the board for someone willing to step in for an Ebay item sold within conus only. The auction went well for me and the volunteer said he'd won the auction. He'd never sent it over the pond. After a few PMs I had given up. Eventually, I had no financial damage to cope with. Other than that I had some very nice and trustful deals and contacts made here that easily out-pace the broken one.

Missed this the first time thru. I was riveted. Truly Pulitzer- grade material in that thread, MCChris.

Sadly, the thread wasn't locked and the offending party wasn't banned, which allowed him to edit a lot of his posts. The original discourse was straight-up awesome.

STM,

Are you located anywhere neare the NW Chicago suburbs? If so, I'd be happy to take a look at the wiring. I'm guessing the problem can be corrected easily. Even if you have bad components, I have a box full of pots, caps, switches, etc. that we could use as replacements. No charge, of course. LP wiring is easy.

STM,

Are you located anywhere neare the NW Chicago suburbs? If so, I'd be happy to take a look at the wiring. I'm guessing the problem can be corrected easily. Even if you have bad components, I have a box full of pots, caps, switches, etc. that we could use as replacements. No charge, of course. LP wiring is easy.

Bravo!

STM,

Bravo!

Just so long as it doesn't prevent that dude from getting his fucking lungs stomped on.

STM,

Good for you, Dave. You're an example of why this forum rocks.

This place can be a great help when deals go bad.

So true. I had a deal with a retailer that went bad. I was financially bent over the poma horse Pulp Fiction style, pants down.

An HFCer stepped in and I got my $$$ back.

BadgerDave's offer is another great reason this place is awesome.

Just so long as it doesn't prevent that dude from getting his fucking lungs stomped on.

I think IS actually is Native American, so just send him some fire water. That'll slowly and painfully do him in.

STM,

Good for you, Dave. You're an example of why this forum rocks.

As long as it doesn't preclude him from working on any of my guitars.

STM,

Bravo!

Kiz,

Please be careful, bro. I'm all for breaking heads & stomping guts when & where warranted but I'd hate to see any HFC-er doing time and developing a police record over the person, who, IMO, ain't worth it. If a beat down happens, it shouldn't be because it was OPENLY discussed on here. We're better than that. That fucker will get what's coming to him. Don't let it be at (y)our expense.

I had a deal with a retailer that went bad. I was financially bent over the poma horse Pulp Fiction style, pants down.

In other words, you called in a hard, pipe-hittn' n***** who went to work on homeboy there with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

I had a deal with a retailer that went bad. I was financially bent over the poma horse Pulp Fiction style, pants down.

In other words, you called in a hard, pipe-hittn' n***** who went to work on homeboy there with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

Exactly. The HFC rules!

And now I finally get a reply from him. Here's his PM where he refuses to keep his word.

Here's his response upon receiving my guitar.

"Bullet just arrived and I was just jamming on it, man I think I like this better than my les paul.."

Here are some of his responses to my complaint about his guitar.

"I just put a brand new switch in it, I wonder if I messed it up

the posts and such should be good, may just need some of my wiring fixed,

but sure we'll get it worked out..."

my apologies, I accidently broke the switch off and ordered a new one, I got it put in and tested it, but I didn't test the full sweep of the pots, so I could of missed something

how embarrassing..

like you as you can see I take care of my stuff and to hand something off to someone and it not be 100% is just bahhh,,

want to hang my head.."

"I'm very sorry about the wiring, being knocked around during shipping probably didn't help it

what was your shipping cost, on the 3rd when I get paid I will reimburse your costs, it's the least I could do.."

I replied to him,

"That sounds like a fair solution to me. I appreciate your integrity. My shipping cost was $37 and change. Let me see if I can get it fixed for free. If not, I'd think $30 should cover the repair cost. I'll get back to you when I hear from my electrician friend."

He replied, "k bro, I'll get it out to you on the 3rd, I hope it's something simple like it got rattled loose in shipping.."

So, I take the guitar in to the shop, get home and find this message.

"I'm going to have to tear apart and completely rewire the Bullet, 1 the switch doesn't work for coil tapping and the wiring job with the tape is horrendous

I think I'm going to call this even, I've already got my tech over here doing a complete rewire..

Steve"

I fully disclosed the switch issue on Line 2 of my FS post. I don't know if the connections on my guitar are taped. I hired the work done, got the guitar back in working order and had no need to pull the wiring out and check it. I played the guitar for at least 3 years and had absolutely no issues. I even provided him a link to a recent youtube video of me performing on stage with the Bullet. Clearly, there was no problem with the wiring of my guitar. And, if there was tape, his argument is invalid since the Epi he sent me had taped wiring as well. Don't complain about something on the Fender when the Epi had the same issue. Bottom line, the Fender was functional, the Epi was not. I was honest with everything I knew, and he was not.

After he stopped answering my PM's, I called him out on here, on Harmony Central, and on the Les Paul forum. Finally, I get this reply.

"umm wtf are you doing,

I said I would pay your shipping and yet you go to a forum where I'm well known and blast me and make me loose my creditilbily

why the hell would you do that, and yes your guitar was wired terribly the switch wasn't even hooked up, yet you want to blast me on my home forum?

wtf is wrong with you...

you better go issue an apology on the mylespaul forums or I will not pay you as I had agreed..

wtf is wrong with you..."

Cut the crap. You're not going to pay. You never intended to pay. You are responsible for the loss of your own credibility. Prove me wrong. If and when a USPS money order shows up in my mailbox, I'll post that information on this thread. I will not apologize.

Steven DeCoteau is his name. I've also got a cell number and address if anyone wants it.

Edited again to add: I think I crossed a line by offering his address and cell number. If anyone needs to find him, I'm sure they already have the info.

I disagree. This is how it's done.

If it were a situation where this guy had not had a long history of shady deals like the one he pulled with you, I would think you shouldn't give out the guy's info, but he needs to pay (literally and figuratively), and this is how we get that proverbial ball rolling.

It's the reason I never hesitate when dealing with another HFC-er.

I don't believe in God, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, but I believe in the power of this group and it's ability to find anyone anywhere. We're like Seal Team 6, and anyone that pulls shit like this guy did deserves to meet a similar fate than the type of justice they are known to dish out: A disproportionate response delivered with extreme prejudice.

You'll see. You'll get your money or your guitar back.

Book it.

Wow! you dont believe in the Easter Bunny? You heartless Ass!

Steven DeCoteau is his name. I've also got a cell number and address if anyone wants it.

Edited again to add: I think I crossed a line by offering his address and cell number. If anyone needs to find him, I'm sure they already have the info.

I disagree. This is how it's done.

If it were a situation where this guy had not had a long history of shady deals like the one he pulled with you, I would think you shouldn't give out the guy's info, but he needs to pay (literally and figuratively), and this is how we get that proverbial ball rolling.

It's the reason I never hesitate when dealing with another HFC-er.

I don't believe in God, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, but I believe in the power of this group and it's ability to find anyone anywhere. We're like Seal Team 6, and anyone that pulls shit like this guy did deserves to meet a similar fate than the type of justice they are known to dish out: A disproportionate response delivered with extreme prejudice.

You'll see. You'll get your money or your guitar back.

Book it.

Wow! you dont believe in the Easter Bunny? You heartless Ass!

He probably doesn't believe Pro-rassling is real either... :P

Kiz,

Please be careful, bro. I'm all for breaking heads & stomping guts when & where warranted but I'd hate to see any HFC-er doing time and developing a police record over the person, who, IMO, ain't worth it. If a beat down happens, it shouldn't be because it was OPENLY discussed on here. We're better than that. That fucker will get what's coming to him. Don't let it be at (y)our expense.

LOL

Please get a grip...bro.

Damn. Kiz is going to have to eat that non-refundable plane ticket now. He's gonna be PISSED!!

:D

Kiz,

LOL

Please get a grip...bro.

new_jack_come_at_me_bro.jpg

the admins have already read this whole thread, I gave them my login,

your creditability there is gone,

"I suggest you go issue an apology to me on the forums or I will past this whole thread over there, including the post where I offered to and had planned to pay your shipping..

so I strongly suggest you do that, and I will drop this over there, but you've opened a can of worms you will not win now..

and as previously offered on the 3rd when I get paid I will still pay your shipping as offered..

so the ball is in your court, "

"btw

when I made the "we're even" statement it was meant as

"we both have guitars we're going to have to get rewired"

as in I wanted the coil splitting

I dunno where the hell you got your idea from..."

Guest IndianScout

no idea where this bad trade came from I did and have told him I would reimburse his shipping it's the least I could do, for him to go to my home forums and make an ass of himself like I'm charles manson or something is not only uncalled for, incorrect but just childish and wrong.

I've done nothing wrong at all, and I don't like the idea of someone "raking me over the coals" when I've been nothing but honest and polite..

I have no idea why this thread even exists but here's my feedback on my forums, I go out of my way to make people happy

http://www.mylespaul...rader.php?u=771

I demand an apology on my forums, as this was way out of line and idiotic on his part..

thanks

Indian

Guest IndianScout

no sir, you admit you are wrong and apologize for making me look like a thief or I'm not sending you crap

you've hurt my reputation and you will inform my forums you were wrong or you WILL NOT receive anything..

you can't expect to go talk crap about me that's a bald face lie then expect me to pay you also..

no sir, you can't have it both ways.

you sir are a piece of work..

wow

Archived