Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just because there's a bunch of great people on this forum doesn't mean they all are. I bought a Scarab from a member here that was listed as "Mint Condition, part of an Unplayed Collection"... and it came looking like it was dragged behind a car and the Kahler was stripped.

I remember that. c.2001, right?

...and where is that seller now?

Was the seller Scarab Arab?

Yes. Which was my point: Run off the board and never heard from again.

Ahh!! as someone new around here and trying to sell, this doesn't help. For years I have been more a buyer then a seller. The last time I sold much was on ebay in 2007 and 1997/1998. I am currently in selling mode and have a few recent sales on TGP, but I'm new to selling here.

To the moderators and veterans, don't let this kill the "For Sale" forum. Bad traders shut down trade forum on the matsumoku / aria pro ii forum. Which may not bother you, but I think it bad for the fans of those guitars.

To the moderators and veterans, don't let this kill the "For Sale" forum. Bad traders shut down trade forum on the matsumoku / aria pro ii forum. Which may not bother you, but I think it bad for the fans of those guitars.

I can't speak for the Mods, but I don't see that ever happening here - not for one bad trade every few years.

And just to reiterate a point that I've been beating to death, they always get resolved one way or another.

Anyone who wants to be on a forum has to understand karma and the whole idea of do-unto-others... Beyond that, I would think avoiding trouble/bad consequences should be enough to ensure good faith efforts. Shows what I know. :mellow:

For my part, I've had VERY good horsetrading experiences on the HFC and have done my best to pay it back.

Good to see any slippery shit exposed. Keep it otta here!

What a mess ... srry too hear about this bad trade . HFC is the best site I belong too . I love how the members here back each other up. Ive been here for about 10 yrs and never had a bad transaction . There's been times where I bought guitars off of hfc members who going through bad times and when they got back on there feet resold the guitars back too them @ the same price . I call that the hfc rental lol . This is a great site and thanks too all the hfc family for helping each other out ..

Rob NYC

Exactly.

What a mess ... srry too hear about this bad trade . HFC is the best site I belong too . I love how the members here back each other up. Ive been here for about 10 yrs and never had a bad transaction . There's been times where I bought guitars off of hfc members who going through bad times and when they got back on there feet resold the guitars back too them @ the same price . I call that the hfc rental lol . This is a great site and thanks too all the hfc family for helping each other out ..

Rob NYC

I agree completely. Of all the deals I've done here, I've never had a problem. I've enjoyed being a member of this forum for many years, and I've met some wonderful people both on line and in person, and I've learned a lot of stuff and had a lot of fun. I've even had the opportunity to bring some of you into my classroom via Skype, and the experiences were awesome. My sincere thanks to all of you for being such a great community. Also, I got caught up in fighting with IndianScout and failed to take the time to thank everyone here for their support, including the free repair offers. I appreciate the offers, but I've got the guitar in the shop being rewired as we speak. Thanks again to you all. :wub:

Not all newbies are like this. Here's the MIK Cali I bought from newie Cullen 6 weeks ago

I'm still on Harmony,

1 no because it's none of your business

2 the admins there just had me change my name

3 it has no bearing on this trade

4 on every other forums I have a great name

next..

Wow, that seems a bit irresponsible on the part of the admins...

I'm still on Harmony,

next..

What do you expect? They're owned by Guitar Center.

Changing your name doesn't address the problem - that is blatantly concealing a potential bad deal partner/fraudulent behavior.

If you're operating in an above-board manner no need for that at all.

I'm still on Harmony,

next..

I wouldn't take this clown at his word. HC is a zoo and an eBay-esque haven for degenerates, but even their admins wouldn't do such a thing.

"I wouldn't take this clown at his word".

There Ya Go........Change his name to "Indian Clown". Or maybe Bozo would work even better.

My 1st ever on-line guitar purchase was from this forum, and it was a great experience, and I wont hesitate buying from these guys again.

But I think its always good to check referrals and the whole nine yards... coz theres always a rotten one in the basket, no matter which basket you look into :)

I've acquired and sold quite a bunch of stuff around, received and sent presents, hanged out, jammed... and even shared the stage with some of you guys. The less I can say is that I trust the guys here like if you were my own family. It's just very sad things like this can still happen on this board. I thought we were above and beyond all that crap. :(

Care to address why you have such an absolutely horrendous reputation on the Harmony Central forums?

I'm still on Harmony,

next..

1. You have a crap reputation at HC

2. You do a deal with someone on the HFC who knows nothing of your reputation

3. Deal has problems

Coincidence? Yeah, probably. Since your side of the story is apparently nobody's business, chances are there won't be a "next" for you here in terms of dealing gear.

my response

you have no dog in this horse, so please just shut up..

Very enlightening when you stack 'em together...IN context, too. IndianScout sure isn't inspiring my confidence in HIM.

I indeed DO have a 'dog in this horse', as the HFC is second to NONE in my book. I haven't sold here, but I HAVE bought a few guitars from the regulars and old timers here. The transactions went as smooth as silk, and exceeded my expectations, and I haven't been the only one that had the same great experience. Does it matter that it stays that way? HELL YEAH!

Just piling on 'cuz I can. Indian Scout, you are a sick man. I don't know you but your actions have told me a lot. You trade guitars you don't own, back out on deals that cost people double the shipping and you show no remorse. You need to stop screwing people over and act correctly. Get help from a professional. If in fact you do have a wife and children, they need you. Please take care of your family and stop the nonsense. Your excuses for why you can't ship things are a little outlandish. I think you may have Munchhausen Syndrome. Your behavior is erratic and seems pathological to me. Have you ever sought Psychological help? I think you need to. You have contradicted yourself in your explanations on other threads that date back as far as 2009. How is your wife? You stated that she had under gone several surgeries in a fairly short time frame. I hope she is in remission. May I ask what kind of cancer she was diagnosed with? Did they treat her with Radiation or Chemotherapy? What kind of Cancer were you diagnosed with? Your avatar shows you standing and playing a guitar. Was that taken before you were confined to a wheelchair? I am sure there are competent mental health providers in your area. I wish you luck in getting well. Please return reimburse savethematches the $50 bucks it is going to cost him to repair the guitar. It's the right thing to do and I know you want to do the right thing here. All the best to you and your family.

I just heard from IndianScout and wanted to post our latest exchange. He appears to be contrite and willing to stand behind our original settlement agreement. If he maintains his end of the agreement by sending the $30 money order on Thursday, May 3, I'll post that message here.

His message:

"as I am a man of my word, and no matter how bad I get trashed in a forum, when I give my word I stick to it, would you like paypal on the 3rd or a money order..

you didn't get my attempt at humor the other day and it's led to a bunch of unnecessary bickering but when I give my word I stick to it..

have a great weekend..

btw I did put brand new caps in it, I know I run them in my other guitars..

have fun

Steve"

My response:

"I would prefer a money order. Someone hacked my ebay account a few years ago, so I deleted that account and my associated paypal account. As I am also a man of my word, I will gladly post on the thread that you have kept your word when I have received the money order. I hope you have a good weekend as well."

So, since he seems willing to make this right, I'll refrain from making any inflammatory remarks until I see how this pans out.

Archived