Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your Significant Other's Favorite Guitar/Amp?

My wife bought me my Artist Custom, so that's her favorite of my modest guitar collection.

She hated the Carvin amp I have (SS 100, which I ordered way back in '88 without telling her right before our wedding. It was waiting in our new apartment when we came back from our honeymoon!) She hated it so much, she actually went with to go amp shopping and helped pick out a Rivera Fandango. The clean sounds won her over.

Does your significant other have a favorite among your guitars or amps?

What's the reason, sound? design? color? the songs you play on it?

Missus Polara is pretty discerning, as she sings on one of my bands and also is a cellist. She likes my Phantom A5 best for the sound -- very clear, articulate, balanced -- and is probably right.

The amp...

that's turned...

OFF!

Reason: she loves the TONE of silence...

Extra points if it's stored at church and not at the house.

My wife bought me my Artist Custom, so that's her favorite of my modest guitar collection.

She hated the Carvin amp I have (SS 100, which I ordered way back in '88 without telling her right before our wedding. It was waiting in our new apartment when we came back from our honeymoon!) She hated it so much, she actually went with to go amp shopping and helped pick out a Rivera Fandango. The clean sounds won her over.

You must be a happy man. B)

Judy see's so many (guitars) come in and out, She can not keep up what is and what is not. (could be a good thing).

She did favour Scotty's recent checkered Sunburst thou. Very stunning in person.

She likes the one I'm putting down the most.... :mellow:;):D

In a similar vein, mine likes the one in the box going out.

The wife typically predicates her likes/dislikes on visual appeal of an ax. In stark contrast to her otherwise tasteful preferences, she has latched onto my project JEM as her fave. She gladly contributed monies to help bring it back from the brink of being sold off a year back.

I had been tinkering and modifying it for 3 years and it just wasn't coming together as planned so, it was slated for the auction block. She protested and offered to bankroll whatever costs were incurred to make it playable and thus, keep-able. Sadly, I still haven't been able to make it truly stable-worthy (as per my exacting expectations of trem and tone). Outside of that, it plays & looks great but I'm scheming :ph34r: to find a way to unload it to amass funds to pay for the custom order Cali.

DSCF1097.jpg

The wife typically predicates her likes/dislikes on visual appeal of an ax. In stark contrast to her otherwise tasteful preferences, she has latched onto my project JEM as her fave. She gladly contributed monies to help bring it back from the brink of being sold off a year back.

I had been tinkering and modifying it for 3 years and it just wasn't coming together as planned so, it was slated for the auction block. She protested and offered to bankroll whatever costs were incurred to make it playable and thus, keep-able. Sadly, I still haven't been able to make it truly stable-worthy (as per my exacting expectations of trem and tone). Outside of that, it plays & looks great but I'm scheming :ph34r: to find a way to unload it to amass funds to pay for the custom order Cali.DSCF1097.jpg

From the evidence I have, I'd say my girlfriend likes my white Chap' and my red Diablo best. We both call the Chap' Mina's Guitar, because it's the one my cat plays.

DSCF0910.jpg

Rodan, what pup's are in the red Diablo?

From the evidence I have, I'd say my girlfriend likes my white Chap' and my red Diablo best. We both call the Chap' Mina's Guitar, because it's the one my cat plays.

DSCF0910.jpg

I put an Air Zone in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck. Sound pretty good, but I've kept the JB & 59 that were in there.

LOOKS sharp, dunnit?

DSCF0910.jpg

I put an Air Zone in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck. Sound pretty good, but I've kept the JB & 59 that were in there.

LOOKS sharp, dunnit?

Very. :D

The ones with the headphone jack! Congrats on the amp and what sounds like 24 years of bliss.

Jenny actually has rather particular tastes, more so than I do. She likes Firebirds, of which I have none but she has two Mandobirds. She thinks F-holes are pretty and likes nearly every archtop guitar she's seen. Fireglo Rickenbackers ALWAYS catch her eye. If she thinks a guitar I'm looking at is ugly or the "wrong" color, she'll say so - thumbs down to the Impact bass. The upside is that if she digs it, she'll encourage me to get it. She especially likes my two TLEs and is a big fan of boomerang inlays.

Amps? They're just big black boxes to her :P

Archived