Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SuperPro Appreciation Thread

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/24/2015 at 11:59 AM, bubs_42 said:

This thread lacks PRON!

Kinda criminal this thread hasn't been updated in a year.

Had a gig last night and took both of these guitars. Beautiful fall morning here in paradise. I am a believer that it's official, Superpros rule......

DSCN0347_zpsat6vvgbk.jpg

DSCN0348_zpsbpqxg1ic.jpg

59 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Yes, Yes they do! The Superpro is like playing a Grand Piano on a strap. Thick Notes, Gaint Chords with clear note separation you can easily play blues, rock, jazz, country. 

There is something different, and special, about them. I am sure I'd have held on to one had I not found another longer scale guitar that touches the same bases and works just a little bit better for me.

I don't appreciate the SuperPro, at all.  It turned me into a Hamer Junkie.

My SuperPro was the second Hamer that I bought (after a Talladega).  Flawlessly constructed, beautiful looking and versatile, the SuperPro solidified in my mind that Hamer guitars are something special.  That SuperPro launched me on an epic Hamer guitar buying spree.  Damn the SuperPro.  

• 6 months later...

Not sure if I ever posted the CO SuperPro. It did not grab me 100% on day one, but it has really grown on me. No fancy wood grain to see, but the korina body and neck, longer scale and ebony board (plus upgraded pickups and a couple other custom extras) make it stand up well against some real serious competition. Hard to choose between it and a certain higher end semi-hollow from Germany. Pictured with a couple friends......Between the three, I can cover a whole lot of ground.

ETA.....This particular Goldtop has inspired me so much that I submitted my own specs to both Shishkov and Hartung in hopes of developing a custom order that has Django written all over it. And, just maybe, takes my guitar lust to another level. Waiting.......

IMG_1543_zpsfbkvmxz9.jpg

1 hour ago, django49 said:

Not sure if I ever posted the CO SuperPro. It did not grab me 100% on day one, but it has really grown on me. No fancy wood grain to see, but the korina body and neck, longer scale and ebony board (plus upgraded pickups and a couple other custom extras) make it stand up well against some real serious competition. Pictured with a couple friends......Between the three, I can cover a whole lot of ground.

IMG_1543_zpsfbkvmxz9.jpg

Pfft.  Show off.

11 hours ago, KofSeattle said:

I have a new found love of the Superpro. Recently added my first and it has a lot more tonal range than I expected. Not hard to look at either. Supernova! Cheers! 

SWEETTOP.jpg

I always thought the top on my Monaco Super Pro has a lot of character, I need to get a good photo.

Having said that, I LOVE the top on your Super Pro, just stunning!

This is my Superpro - currently being held/owned by another member here.  I'm just waiting...

My%20Monaco%20Superpro_zpsmsdr58y1.jpg

Archived