Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Harem Appreciation Thread

I take it you're from down South? Whataburger, AFAIK, is NOT a burger chain you'd find up here in the Great Northeast. That being said, for whatever reason, whenever I go to Texas, I GOTTA have a Whataburger. It is a tradition. Love their burgers. :D

You would be correct, sir! I grew up near Jackson, MS, but lived in Austin, TX, for quite awhile before moving to Gainesville. There were some years in Nashville thrown in there.

For some reason, Whataburger is only good in Texas. Every time I've gone to one outside the Lone Star State, it's been horrible.

...Of course, I was usually not in full possession of my faculties at 3:00 a.m. in Austin when the Whataburger runs usually occured, so I could be remembering it better than it was. :D

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it you're from down South? Whataburger, AFAIK, is NOT a burger chain you'd find up here in the Great Northeast. That being said, for whatever reason, whenever I go to Texas, I GOTTA have a Whataburger. It is a tradition. Love their burgers. :D

You would be correct, sir! I grew up near Jackson, MS, but lived in Austin, TX, for quite awhile before moving to Gainesville. There were some years in Nashville thrown in there.

For some reason, Whataburger is only good in Texas. Every time I've gone to one outside the Lone Star State, it's been horrible.

...Of course, I was usually not in full possession of my faculties at 3:00 a.m. in Austin when the Whataburger runs usually occured, so I could be remembering it better than it was. :D

Nah, you're remembering correctly. Houston area Whataburgers were great. At least the food was. The service left a bit to be desired. But we're talking fast food here, right?

Coincidentally, I was born in Nashville, TN. Didn't stay there long but did stints in SC, NC and Mexico, if you can believe that. That was all before I hit 5 years old- LOL!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

MC2- what a varied collection, outstanding!!!! You have one I missed out on, the test pattern teenage radiation blitz. And those basses WOW!

I was thinking the same thing.

That's quite a collection and diverse to say the least.

Let's see some more bump.

Let's see your's Bobby! ;)

I do have a pic on the first page. Here is a second pic. All but one adopted here. Three received much love from Jay "Murkat" Kolanda at NTL Guitar.

post-90914-0-54678500-1371953902_thumb.j

post-90914-0-54678500-1371953902_thumb.j

I was laying in bed this morning with a smile on my face thinking that, with luck, I could post a pic to The Harem Thread in a week or so.

So I came here, looked at all of the lusciousness, drooled on everyone's beautiful guitars and am sitting here asking myself;

why would anyone want to look at mine after 11 pages of this? :unsure:

So this is just a BUMP.

I was laying in bed this morning with a smile on my face thinking that, with luck, I could post a pic to The Harem Thread in a week or so.

So I came here, looked at all of the lusciousness, drooled on everyone's beautiful guitars and am sitting here asking myself;

why would anyone want to look at mine after 11 pages of this? :unsure:

So this is just a BUMP.

Every HFCer is worthy. It would be nice to have at least one Hamer per photo but not required. I guess I should have named this thread HFCer harem appreciation .

Quoting the Lyrics to Magic Bus in regards to MC2's 4-digit Standard Bass:

I wan-it

I wan-it
I waaaan-it

you caaaant have it!

more of a humble menage a trois than a harem.

note new livingroom cab from my buddy monacosis,

loaded w/ vintage alnico speaker (i think i got from gtone?),

sounds very kickarse.

Hamers5-12.jpg

Hamers5-12b.jpg

some older pics, most are long gone;

hamers8-10.jpg

hamers11-05.jpg

Duotones11-08.jpg

HAMERS04.jpg

hamers03.jpg

HAMERSPECIALCALI.jpg

hamers11-10.jpg mine & zen's

What is that purple thing on the wall??

more of a humble menage a trois than a harem.

note new livingroom cab from my buddy monacosis,

loaded w/ vintage alnico speaker (i think i got from gtone?),

sounds very kickarse.

some older pics, most are long gone;

hamers11-10.jpg mine & zen's

What is that purple thing on the wall??

I'm parking my guitars in the kitchen too. Anytime we have friends, they are allowed to select the amp to build the table on. :ph34r:

Just kidding. If I'd park my guitars in the kitchen, the family would tell me. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

With that collection I would have a hard time to select an instrument for the day.

• 7 months later...

Archived