Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Harem Appreciation Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for my latest Vector and Cali projects to come back from Stike. Then I'll post. :D

I can appreciate a Hamer Harem.

Hamerica

• 2 weeks later...

not exactly a harem.. but working on it

DSC_0074-L.jpg

Let me know how I can help? :P

Hamerica

100_1807_zps9cd64396.jpg

Since this photo was taken, my 'thinning the herd' sale led to the departure of the Standard and the black Sunburst........

....while picking up a Prototype and another Daytona. WTF is wrong with me?

• 8 months later...

Sweet mother of goodness. ^^^ That's just perfect in my books.

I agree. My preferred finish is some variation of a tobacco burst. To me, it's simply what a guitar is supposed to look like.

There are some amazing finishes out there. I'm particularly impressed by the kind that looks like a shimmering pool of water, but I wouldn't want to own one. Weird.

Beautiful collection, Veatch.

Yep - that's TOTALLY weird!

Newport restring last night. This morning I could not resist to capture a picturesque spruce top duo. The Newport nicely darkened over the years. It's dated 2004, almost 10 years older than the Bo.

A1876C0B-3794-48E1-A546-2427DE595B69_zps

wow !!!! after seeing all these collections , mine is not going to blow you away , but it's a great playing selectionIMG_2927%20copy_zpsefgctwub.jpg

Blown away! Nice collection.

wow !!!! after seeing all these collections , mine is not going to blow you away , but it's a great playing selectionIMG_2927%20copy_zpsefgctwub.jpg

Total understatement!

My small harem:

10922628_10204731459585319_6475715612433

Only GAS remaining (famous last words!) is for a wraptail Junior of some sort, and a Standard bass.

...and a Monaco bass.

I tried to make my little trifecta to have as little overlap as possible. It covers most tones and styles.

http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/Flooglemop/library/My%20GearFG_Guitars_zpsjz5dkm0t.png

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/bdf27d69/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript">

</script>

Now that is a classy turntable!! Does it work?

Love the seafoam green, very cool on a Floyd guitar.

Yeah, that's a 1925 Victrola. You have to crank up the spring to operate it. The needle has to be replaced after about every three records (they sell them in packs of 100). The two front doors you see on it are the "volume control". The cabinet itself acts as the speaker, so to raise the volume you just open those doors and it gets louder. They actually make three different kinds of needles which create three levels of volume. Under the table on which the Victrola sits is a collection of 10 inch shellac records (very thick and brittle). Anyway, when the EMP bomb goes off and fries everyone's electronics, I'll still have records to listen to.

I dig retro stuff.

Archived