Hamer Fan Club Message Center

cmatthes Monster, pictorial of the build out.

murkat

Question

• Answers 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone tell me what I am seeing here (or point me to a source)? So murkat has a Baker neck? What body is that an "NTL" ? I don't know the whole Baker/Roman/b3/Fine Tuned Instruments story so I am bit confused. Apologies if this is a stupid question.

I love these kinda threads! We all love these kinda threads!

Crap!!! I forgot to send the Truss for you to copy. I'll get that out today.

You can bring the rest of the guitar when you come here next weekend.

I'll be trading you something for it.

Jay posted these before, but here's mine that he put together...

I picked up several necks from the auction of Baker Guitars back in 2003 or so. Chris' is one of the two RF necks I got. I sold or swapped the others, but kept the Inferno neck for myself. Jay finally put my dream for the project into reality. It's now with Stike at ROWYCO Kustoms for finishing.

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

Wow - those pics look fantastic!

I just got off the phone with Jay - missed his message last night since I was out at the Steel Panther show in Baltimore with my son and didn't get back home until well after 1AM...never checked in here. He just played me some burning and tasty riffage on this monster, and if it sounds 1/100th as good as it did over the phone, we have a hands-down winner here - balls-out rocker, for sure.

I got the maple billet for the top on this one over 10 years ago, and had been keeping it for a special project. I've had the Baker RF neck (along with a few others) sitting in my project stash since 2003 or so, and had the wicked idea to cobble all that together into a Keebler-esque/LP-inspired single pickup guitar at some point. In addition to the Baker necks I got from Serial, I also managed to score a couple Korina Baker pre-carved B-1 and also some untouched body blanks from the Baker auction, so those were also earmarked for future action. As always, unfortunately, I've got more projects and cool ideas hanging around than money or time.

I spoke to Gene Baker shortly after the bankruptcy about finishing up the parts I had, and we talked about what I wanted, but then he dropped off the face of the earth for a while, and I never heard back from him. I also reached out to Gil Vasquez, but then the timing just didn't work out for me. Fast forward to Jay's intro here - I knew right away he was the man for the job, and we actually talked about doing this a year ago. I know Jay is a quick and focused artist, so I had to clear the queue a little bit before sending down my hunk of Korina, Maple and random parts for him to McGuyver into something really cool. Finally got around to doing that a couple of weeks ago, and I'm blown away by what I've seen (and heard).

This is headed to NC for some ROWYCO magic next, but I'll definitely be sure to share the end result here.

Thanks again, Jay - you absolutely NAILED what I had in mind, my friend!

I spoke to Gene Baker shortly after the bankruptcy about finishing up the parts I had, and we talked about what I wanted, but then he dropped off the face of the earth for a while, and I never heard back from him.

eh... You're better off.

Definitely a long time in the making, but it'll be pretty much a "dream" guitar.

Looking forward to this one in a big way.

Archived