Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Digitech RP 1000.... anyone have one or spent time with one?

Considering one for some live applications..... Digitech Rp1000

real world application vs factory "specs" can vary quite a bit.......

Couple questions.... for anyone that has spent some time with one...

Switching between presets .. any glitchiness? Delays? .... I usually set up my live rig with 2 of the same amp presets with one louder for leads... so glitches or delays is a deal killer for me...

Also, can you configure a boost in a single preset in the stomp box mode...

thanks!!!!

http://www.digitech.com/en/products/rp1000

I have the RP500 and love it.

I use it in stompbox mode and have never noticed and delays when switching between presets.

If you're asking about setting a Volume Boost on a particular preset, I'm not sure. I have a dual master volume amp and get my boost from there.

I played from many years without any effects. After getting in a Cover band a few years ago that played everything from Johnny Cash to Metallica I realized I could cover a lot more ground with a some effects. I started to buy pedals used but then I heard about the RP500.

It is absolutely amazing.

Being able to have multiple presets allows me to completely change from one type of pedalboard to another with a single stomp.

Cool..... I was thinking about using this for "the" rig.... I have heard from a couple people that it may be glitchy wen switching between presets... that is my main concern... I don't want to take an amp out.

I have rehearsal tomorrow.

I'll try switching presets in the middle of a song & post back tomorrow night.

By the way, I've been gigging with mine for a couple of years and it's been 100% reliable.

It's so cool to have every effect you'd ever use in one small, lightweight unit.

The ability to set up multiple presets for different songs is just amazing.

I use an RP500, and had a 1000 (at home, in a corner). There is no spillover in these units (the GSP1101 offers that though).

There is no volume boost that I know of. You could set min and max volumes in the expression pedal's range if you weren't using it for a wah, or you could make two otherwise identical presets, one being louder, then bank up/down as boost on/off. As you probably already know, the Up/Down buttons switch entire banks in preset mode but just cycle individual presets in stompbox mode.

Preset and effect changes are fast.

Thanks guys.... went and tried one yesterday..... not gonna work for me.... there is a hair of delay between presets... no much... but enough that it will make me nuts... and as Feynman said no spill over..... Appreaciate the responses!

Sorry I got to this late. Someone clocked a 38ms gap in switching patches in their RP500 before the firmware updates that boosted processor speeds by 50%. So now it's probably 25ms or so, and it's probably identical on the other RP units. You can hear it, it's not totally seamless, but it hasn't been a problem for playing live.

You can program the compressor to be a boost before the amp sim (set Sustain to 0 and Volume to whatever), or you can use the expression pedal like someone else suggested. The RP355 has an Amp A/B switch that lets you switch between 2 different amps in the same patch. So I just make Amp B a louder version of Amp A and use the Amp A/B switch as a volume boost. On the RP1000 there might be other tricks you can use like setting the EQ or LFO as a volume boost. But the easiest way it to just create an identical patch with more volume.

Archived