Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NAD, '68 Ampeg B25

always wondered about those... aren't they 55 watts? I used a 30 watt Portaflex on a gig once, and it just did not cut it. I also used to gig an SVT, and it did not really cut it either... Either something was wrong with it, or it really needs the matching 8-10 cabinet to come alive. Best sounding vintage Tube head I've gigged was a Sound City 120.

I'd like to try one of these out some day.

I've got this one, a '71 SVT, a '72 VT40, '66 and '72 B15Ns (the 72 B15 I got from somebody here a few years ago). I sold that V4 I had a short time ago, electrically it was not quite up to my standards. So 'only' 5 Ampegs right now.

I'm playing this B25 through a recent GK bass Neo 2x12, it's not super loud, but louder than most combos I've owned, and very portable, good volume to portability ratio. Loud enough for me these days. I've had a few other vintage tube heads; dual showman, bassman 50s, V4s (but never a V4B), - this B25 is really great for bass, one of the best tones I've heard. Yeah, it's around 50 watts; two 7027s (it will run 6L6GCs), with a 5AR4/GZ34 rectifier.

Archived