Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shame on you, Alice Cooper!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I really love the band he mentions. So I'm with Alice all the way. He's got style. O'jays, Ohip Players, that the stuff I listen to all the time.

This stuff is awesome. Listen to the bassline and syncopated piano line. Instant 70's, just ad bell bottoms.

I love disco, that will never change.

I'm right with ya, zen...

the whole anti disco sentiment of the 70's was mostly white racist homophobic males feeling threatened by black and gay culture (and mad that disco records were displacing skynyrd and BTO on the radio).

personally, i'd rather listen to most disco than most blues or country. ymmv

the whole anti disco sentiment of the 70's was mostly white racist homophobic males feeling threatened by black and gay culture (and mad that disco records were displacing skynyrd and BTO on the radio).

This.

The disco of old and the country of today are alike in that the songwriters and musicians involved are masters of their craft, that being creating pop music. Very few (if any) slouches on those disco records.

Nope, I was too young to be racist and didn't know what homophobic was. Disco just sucks and so did skynyrd and BTO. Judas Priest and Van Halen knocked out disco and opened the door to good music. JMO and meant in humor not in flame as that was too long ago and I'm old now. But back then I would have gotten a cuntry boner and gone to chops with you at the drive in, LOL

On the other hand, Quisp vs. Quake was serious stuff.

HAHA!! YES!!

Quisp rocks!!

You know they sell Quisp primarily via internet now? Occasionally, you'll find a grocery store that has ordered a pallet load of it and runs a special but those occasions are far and few between. When I see it in the store, I buy like 3- 4 boxes. Then, let the junk cereal carnage begin. :D

I was 18 in 78 rocking to VH, then Punking out to the Cars, and lots of bands in between. I grew up with the BeeGee's before they were disco and liked many disco song, but why I hated Disco has nothing to do with the music but what it did to Rock-n-Roll in my small town. Rock was gone from the bars and clubs almost completely. Every place became disco. We had a couple really bad punk band bars. But all the live Rock bars went under. So when we wanted to be Rockers, there was no where to Rock.

Nope, I was too young to be racist and didn't know what homophobic was. Disco just sucks and so did skynyrd and BTO. Judas Priest and Van Halen knocked out disco and opened the door to good music. JMO and meant in humor not in flame as that was too long ago and I'm old now. But back then I would have gotten a cuntry boner and gone to chops with you at the drive in, LOL

Them Skynnard boys could beat the hell out of Jewish Priest and Van Halem at the same time. And a friend had a 1967 BTO that could blow the doors off any Camaro, so don't you go hatin' on cars now, too. Dayumn.

And in junior high, I never thought disco was homosexual or had a racial view of the performers I never saw. EVERY DAMN WEEK Charlie's Angels were either looking for a killer in a disco, tracking a disco killer, going to a disco to catch a jewel thief, or riding the disco Love Boat where someone would be on their way to a disco dream on Fantasy Island. When the news came on there was the disco weather man with the boogie weather report. Quisp was floating through the universe on his way to a galactic disco party.

Then the hard rock bands had to start slipping in a dance song on an album. Alice Cooper did it with You Gotta Dance on his Goes To Hell album. Aerosmith did

. Judas Priest gave us Burning Up. And then KISS dropped a turd with the aforementioned I Was Made For Loving You. We could not escape the disco invasion. If Lynyrd Skynyrd had not been in a plane crash, they likely would have been made to record some kind of "down home disco" tune about killing an alligator to make some new shoes for the disco dance floor.

Archived