Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: pirateflynn '79 Black Sunburst

linkie

photo10.jpg

For those of you who are banned from TGP... * ahem * Muse...

"Here it is: my favorite Sunburst and the last of about 10 that I have owned! These are such great looking, playing, and sounding guitars. I purchased a Custom Ordered Hamer and slowly I have sold almost all of my other guitars.

There are two reasons why I kept this one so long.

#1 - It was a project guitar and became a true labor of love for me.

#2 - It has a thicker darker tone than my others Sunbursts/Specials.

The guitar had been modified when I bought it. It had three mini-toggles installed to go with aftermarket pickups. The guy had put decals all over the guitar. He had used a model paint brush to do some touch up work on the back of the headstock and covered up the serial number.

I found and bought original period correct pickups and surrounds, and pots. Aftermarket knobs, switch tip, etc. I UNCOVERED the serial number with a great deal of time and patience!

Eric Chaz http://www.ericsguitarshop.com/ installed new frets 6105 (which are still nearly new). Filled the holes with doweling. And did the assembly and set up.

Only the top was refinished and it was done by Pat Wilkins http://www.wilkinsguitars.com/ !

It all turned out great!

The guitar has the typical (for the period) medium-slim neck shape. Here is a chance to own one of the coolest guitars around for a good price. A 1979 Hamer Sunburst in Black, Bound and Crowned. PLEASE ask any questions!

$1,200, plus PayPal fees. Add $75 for shipping within Continental USA (I'll refund the difference if it is less)."

photo9.jpg

Serial # and no headstock break!:

photo8.jpg

Good neck joint! Original paint on neck and back .. you can see where a decal used to be:

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

Some chips and so forth in the original paint:

photo5.jpg

You can see the doweling impressions at the right reflective angle. You can see some evidence of the decals at a certain angle, too (the old glue?). Could not photograph well enough, but it is there:

photo4.jpg

A tooling mark on the original bridge:

photo3.jpg

Period correct/ or close case!:

photo1-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

My 79 case has no backside latch on it, but an earlier serial in the 700's. Also red interior but done up a bit different at the compartment (opening opposite way), and back side/floor padding.

Is the refinish paint covering the top surface binding, or more than originally? I always like the way the binding pops on the black ones, and this one doesn't appear to have that same visible contrast from the front. Or a much lesser amount? Also what type of paint used? Nitro?

Original tuners? Newer knobs? Any photo of top as you got it, before repaint? thanks.

You'll have to ask all of those questions on TGP.

Flynn doesn't post here any longer.

Sorry Kiz'! Thought this was yours? Now I know what the pirateflynn is all about. Thanks

You'll have to ask all of those questions on TGP.

Flynn doesn't post here any longer.

Sorry Kiz'! Thought this was yours? Now I know what the pirateflynn is all about. Thanks

No harm done. Didn't want your questions to go unanswered...

Hello everybody!

I want to thank Kiz for sharing this with you guys. I'm here, if there are any questions. FREE shipping for any HFC member. I'd prefer a cash sale, but hit me with some trade offers .. current production Hamers, old Hamers, HAMERS!

Here are a few more pics:

post-106098-0-49001700-1340122937_thumb.post-106098-0-10026300-1340123026_thumb.post-106098-0-46245600-1340123146_thumb.

LOL, ya I do but I'm pretty locked into my 77. I'm sure this won't last to long.

trade me! :)

Nope, i'm in love with this one.

Hmmmmmmmm...1977...that was a good year for me !! Let me know if that wolf is planning to leave the den !!

Vic

Not likely.

Archived