Hamer Fan Club Message Center

RIP Mom

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHB -- you have my sincere condolences. My Mom is in hospice care these days, and I hope you take this in the spirit it's intended when I say to you that my Mom envies your Mom! As much as I cherish every minute with her, even the difficult ones, it pains me to see her suffer so.

Hang in there.

Mitch

Sorry for your loss. She is in a better placed now and no longer will have to experience the pain.

Guest JackButler

Bill,

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. Prayers and blessings to you from me and the kids. If you need anything or just an ear to bend for a little while..just let me know.

Kevin

HHB;

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I lost my Dad several years ago and someone at the funeral said the following words to me.

"The thoughts that bring you tears today will will bring you smiles tomorrow."

At first I didn't really understand what they meany because the loss was so fresh but now when I think of my Dad it does bring a smile to my face.

Hang in there.

HHB:

I am very sorry to hear that. Losing a parent is one of the toughest things we have to face. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

C.

Bill…Truly sorry to hear that news. Losing a parent can be REALLY tough to deal with. Took me a good year to come to terms with it. I’m not much of a yapper but I found myself talking to friends and family a LOT about it and that really seemed to help quite a bit.

I’m sure she was a very nice person and you’ll have lots of great memories to help you through.

My best to you and you family.

Edited to add... Cancer absolutely SUCKS in the deepest of possible ways!

Again, thanks to all, this has been very difficult and your kind thoughts and prayers have helped us much. The memorial service is today, then a private burial tommorow and I'm hoping these things will help put an end to this first phase. A friend talked about a "new reality and I'm sure it's true, a huge thanks to all, Bill

G'day Bill. I read the HFC site a bit but have only just registered. My mum passed away from cancer on Sept 16th, so I know how you feel. My mum told us to celebrate her life and not to mope around too much, and I think it helps a bit if you think about the good times. Best wishes to you and your family.

I'll post again soon and introduce myself, hopefully post some piccies of my Hamers too.

Cheers,

Darryl.

Archived