Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

IMG_0574.JPG

Executive produced by Ted Templeman. EVH pulled a lot of strings to get AH signed to Warner Bros. Neither AH or WB were happy with the results and most of it got wiped and re-recorded. This, "Metal Fatigue" and, "I.O. U.", is my favorite AH-era.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0598.JPG

Max Middleton, Tony Hymas and the mighty Simon Phillips. I saw this tour in 1980, Universal Amphitheater. At the end of the encore, Beck hit a huge, "E" chord, stood the guitar up on the stage and grabbed the headstock with both hands. With his feet in each of the cutaways, he pogoed the guitar all over the stage with the resultant, huge crashes of glorious noise. Crowd went apeshit.

• Like 4

IMG_0606.JPG

Bob Welch; the OTHER FMac guitarist. The post-Peter Green era kind of gets the short shrift from blues fans, but I dig it. All of the BWelch era...I dig it.

ETA: I’ll make an exception for, “Penguin.” The best songs are McVie’s, she owns that LP. Rest of it seems a bit unfocused. 

Edited by RobB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1