Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

Tim Minchin's new CD, "Apart Together", is pretty much a perfect album, IMO.  He's best known for his comedic songs, and this is his first studio album.  Great turns of phrase, dude is a great pianist, and there are some great pop hooks and choruses here.

First single, video is all one shot.

And a beauty about resisting temptations.  I especially love the line about Pringles and Snickers wrappers, and the one about the devil tempting Jesus.

IMG_0655.JPG

Really great, 14-song set from Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA. In comparison to, "On Your Feet..." and, "Some Enchanted Evening", the vocals are stronger, better mixing and BOC heavies up, "Burnin' For You", and other mid-career favorites. Buck plays his ass off on, "Roadhouse Blues."

• Like 2

IMG_0658.JPG

Lemmy's first post-Hawkwind release. Despite Lemmy's odd disclaimer (see below), this stands up. Larry Wallis is no Eddie Clarke, but I love the slower, druggier versions of later Motorhead ravers. 

IMG_0659.JPG

Edited by RobB

IMG_0669.JPG

"I wanna dress like the Stones!"

"Nah, forget that. I vote Mott the Hoople."

"No way, man. Stooges or nothing."

"I've GOT it! We all get matching Shriner's vests. My dad can bring a fez home from the temple for each of us."

All kidding aside, another one of my fave bands. 

Edited by RobB

14 minutes ago, Toadroller said:

My brother pointed me to them last week. A little bit of everything in there. The Cult, Talking Heads, Quiet Riot, The Sweet, Devo, Deep Purple...

Check out their first album, "The Blue Garden", too. Another great band that fell thru the cracks. 

• Like 1