Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

On 12/7/2020 at 9:13 PM, RobB said:

IMG_0665.JPG

My fave Bon-era record. Tight, raw production, it's got the goods. I still get verklempt when I hear, "Gone Shootin'."

Agreed! And the intro to 'Kicked In The Teeth' is a prime example of a Marshall about to blow up... "You told me baby I was the only one"... You can literally hear the power tubes screaming for mercy! Blessed compression!

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 3:13 AM, RobB said:

IMG_0665.JPG

My fave Bon-era record. Tight, raw production, it's got the goods. I still get verklempt when I hear, "Gone Shootin'."

This is my all time favorite AC/DC record. It got spinnin the other day. As I had been checking out the new one, when I fell back listening to Powerage  in full. Unbeatable...

Donating this 200lb (when loaded) monster to local thrift store charity:

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

Ordered these modular units. Love 'em! Keeps the LPs dust free and easy to lift.

62760684289__CF08F1E5-C49D-47ED-851F-818D5284C5DC.JPG

Roughly half of my collection has filled four cubes. I'm gonna need a bigger boat:

62768950769__793E29FE-F709-4C99-A959-361C2D7DE7D5.JPG

What better time to enjoy cheap, imported lager than album reorganization?

62788689339__9D2AB85D-BA29-4A56-9F56-8F5574ED41DD.JPG

This is going to take some time. Very happy with these cubes, though. Void-free, 3/4" birch ply, matte finish and solidly built:

IMG_0680.JPG

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

And where do these fine cubes come from?

Simple Wood Goods

I priced out building my own and the cost was roughly the same. SWG products ain’t cheap, but they’re top quality. I couldn’t bear the thought of some heavy, ugly ikea wall unit. FWIW. the second quartet was 10% off, roughly $109/ea, free shipping. 

On 12/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, RobB said:

Ordered these modular units. Love 'em! Keeps the LPs dust free and easy to lift.

62760684289__CF08F1E5-C49D-47ED-851F-818D5284C5DC.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

These cubes remind me of the old Peaches Record Crates, though the ply cubes are likely more sturdy than the original crates or the repros, and cheaper too.  Ah, the price of nostalgia!

No affiliation BTW, and it costs nothing to go down Memory Lane by looking:

https://www.peachesrecordcrates.com/

Edited by crunchee

16 minutes ago, crunchee said:

These cubes remind me of the old Peaches Record Crates, though those ply cubes are likely more sturdy than the original crates or the repros, and possibly cheaper too.  Ah, nostalgia!

https://www.peachesrecordcrates.com/

Sturdier? Definitely. Cheaper? Hardly. 

Those Peaches crates are cool. In 1970-80s SoCal, record store chains Licorice Pizza and The Wherehouse had similar crates. 

• Like 1