Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

🤘😛🤘

This was our band's most rockin' cover back in the day. Ted Templeman produced this album. It has that thrilling live sound of the first Van Halen album, also produced by Templeman. The second Montrose album, Paper Money, was also produced by Templeman, but sadly sounds really dead to me.

RIP, Ronnie.

• Like 1

My friend Johnny turned me on to this over the weekend Wow!

Guitarist Ripley Johnson, also of Moon Duo fame.  The following excerpt explaining how he tried to get this sound speaks to me. haha.

Recorded primarily at his home in Portland and mixed by Cooper Crain (Bitchin’ Bajas, Cave), the songs on Earth Trip make deft use of space through their lean arrangements, guest Barry Walker’s shimmering pedal steel, open and elongated guitar melodies, and upfront and intimate vocals. Johnson describes the arrangements this way; “I was trying to capture that feeling when you take psychedelics and they just start coming on - maybe objects start buzzing in the edges of your vision, you start seeing slight trails, maybe the characteristics of sound change subtly. But you’re not fully tripping yet. Cooper got the idea right away and his mix really captures that feeling.” Johnson’s lithe guitar playing treads an equally fine line between country and cosmic, melodies blooming into long reverb trails and solos evocative of radiant summer warmth.

• Like 1

Shawn Lane's stuff is hit or miss for me, but ran across this recently, which is pretty damn ccol;

The album I watched Charlie Hunter record live in 2018 came out in November;

Read Rob Halfords CONFESS!, which sent me down a JP rabbit hole;

Edited by Brooks
  • Like 4