Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

In the car today as I ran errands:

A.S.A.P. - Adrian Smith's solo album

Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (listened to 13 on Spotify and it didn't wow me, but it did make me want to hear some Sabs)

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

Jackyl - s/t

Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits. Plus a few other AC favs added to my playlist.

I was jamming along with a few tunes last night.

Is It My Body

Be My Lover

Schools Out

Billion Dollar Babies

This weekend, I'm planning on figuring out Ballad of Dwight Fry. One of my all time Alice tunes.

• Like 1

Last Sunday my wife and I worked at home on some stuff she's catching up on at work. I spun a bunch of Steely Dan vinyl: Pretzel Logic, Katy Lied, Royal Scam, Aja, and Gaucho. Great music well-played and very well recorded and engineered.

Queen I and Shear Heart Attack at home. I haven't had them spinning for years. Very interesting to listen to.

Deep Purple Now What?! and Satriani Unstoppable Momentum in the car. The Goonch had been on too.

I've been well into Devin Townsend lately. Have three albums of him in the car, spinning in turns: "Epicloud", "Deconstruction" and "Ziltoid The Omniscient"

At job I listen to different stuff every day. Last week I listened to -M- and Paul Personne, two singers/players from France. Also played some Bob Marley, Bonney M, Santana and Jim Murple Memorial.

Ah! Last Megadeth album got some playing time, but it got me bored quickly.

Looking forward to the new Queensryche now -Toddryche, as Dave says. :)

My friend from grade school called me while I was in my car and laughed and said I'm the only guy he knows who would have Captain Beefheart playing in the background (my 2000+ song USB drive of my HD tunes I throw in my deck.)

But besides that...Mumford and Sons and Futurebirds today. Oh, and my sax player bud from New Orleans, Dominick Grillo and the Frenchmen Street Allstars, new CD.

Edited by mc2

• 3 months later...

Haven't thought about this album in waaay to long.

Should be required listening for anyone who picks up an electric guitar in my opinion

"Marching Powder" alone is worth the price of admission, the perfect Friday afternoon song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_t5xuI8oXs

• Like 1

Carcass -"Surgical Steel" (2013)

Fates Warning - "Darkness In A Different Light" (2013)

Rage & Lingua Mortis Orchestra - "LMO" (2013)

Megadeth - "Countdown To Extinction Live" (2013)

Yep, very metal stuff, while I wait for Gaga's ARTPOP. :P