Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother the Mountain

I missed Townes on his last tour over here - had tickets and my ride didn't showed up. Still pissed about that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Listening to Rush (Limbaugh), and he had this on when coming out of a break - so of course I had to dig it out myself.

One of those songs that made me go WOW! when it first came out, at age 12, and it still works for me now.

Edited by rj2858
  • Like 1

That Petrol Emotion - Chemicrazy Had this album circa '90... totally forgot about them until doing a search for bands similar to Ned's Atomic Dustbin:

That Petrol Emotion - Chemicrazy Had this album circa '90... totally forgot about them until doing a search for bands similar to Ned's Atomic Dustbin:

Great band!

Saw them in '89 in San Diego on the tour between 'Babble' and 'Chemicrazy'. 'Big Decision' off of 'Babble' got me into these guys-they were even better live than on record. Lots of energy.

Enjoying my new speakers and trying out a bunch of records I haven't played much. Today it's Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss and The Raven Speaks (1972) by Woody Herman and his orchestra -- great sound produced by Phil Ramone.

51U3t5hrneL._SX300_.jpgfd5262e89da0ad621afc2110.L._SX300_.jpg

I'm listening to HELL, their new "Curse and Chapter" album and their "Age of Nefarious" EP. Great stuff, which is in addition made by an HFC'er. :)

Gave Stephen Stills s/t side 2 a whirl this afternoon. Nice feature on this one in a recent Classic Rock mag. Apparently Hendrix's final session makes up a tune. I love the use/makeup of the backing vox on this record.

• Like 1

High on Fire "Spitting Fire Live"

Pelican "Forever Becoming"

Sleep "Holy Mountain"

Richard Hell and the Voidoids "Funhunt"

Wayne Krantz "Howie 61"

Jimi Hendrix Experience "Miami Pop Festival"

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ I don't have that one; I do have Swordfishtrombones and Nighthawks at the Diner. I'll have to give'em a spin soon on my NEW SPEAKERS! I also have a Holly Cole album titled "Temptation" which is all Tom Waits songs including Jersey Girl.

Currently I just finished spinning a pristine original pressing of Dave Brubeck's "The Last Time We Saw Paris." Just before I was playing 88 Basie Street, one of his last big band recordings from 1984.

Lately I've been on a Rimsky-Korsakov kick and played Scheherazade (Fritz Reiner & Chicago Symphony from a 24/96 high-res download) and Dance of the Tumblers last night. Also Saint-Saens' Danse Macabre. Gotta get some more Rimsky-Korsakov--big bold explosively dynamic Russian orchestral music.

My top 10 of the year:

10 Tom Keifer-The Way Life Goes

9 Dan Baird And Homemade Sin-Circus Life

8 Scorpion Child

7 The Winery Dogs

6 Ulysses-Kill You Again

5 Queens Of The Stone Age-Like Clockwork

4 The Dead Daisies

3 Black Star Riders-All Hell Breaks Loose

2 Clutch-Earth Rocker

1 Sound City-Real To Reel