Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

This is an iconic 3-LP set where the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band hosted a passel of Blugrass & Country legends. On this cut we have Black Mountain Rag led by Doc Watson flat-pickin' his guitar, Vassar Clements on fiddle, and Earl Scruggs on 5-string banjo.

Edited by JohnnyB
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, Submariner85 said:

Slipknot-We-Are-Not-Your-Kind.jpg

I'll take his word for it.

Pat Metheny & Jaco Pastorius +Bob Moses, drums Bright Size Life

spacer.png

There are several renditions on YouTube, but none of the original studio session album pictured here. It's a classic in the Smithsonian. You can get it on digital download, CD, or original LP. Sorry I don't have it here--hghly recommended conversation in improvised instrumental music.

The greatest of them all. Bow, mortals.

Otis.JPG

Mid-80's compilation. Steve Hoffman did the remastering. All the hits, not much in the way of deep tracks, but couldn't resist for $7/2xlps.

Buddy.JPG

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, RobB said:

Dang! That was kinda epic. Wish they would've finished the song, though. Seems like they were really locking in, and then it stopped.

Yeah I agree... I was kind of hoping they'd all start to mosh around then each take a turn at the solo 😆

Yesterday on Facebook somebody posted a link to a video about drummer Steve Gadd and how his chops and creativity influenced certain aspects of pop music. I started thinking about some jazz albums I had that included Steve Gadd before Steeley Dan pressed him into service for '"Aja." There he was on the mid-'70s George Benson CTI album, "Bad Benson" The opening cut of Paul Desmond's "Take Five" was a good showcase for both Benson and Gadd, so here it is:

Benson was playing a Guild Starfire semihollow thinline for this. It was before his Ibanez days.

After that I got a hankerin' for Mark Knopfler, so here's the cut that turned my head and grabbed my attention in 1978, "Sultans of Swing,"

...followed by "Money for Nothing" from their eponymous album, "Brothers in Arms," which I listened to the whole way through.

Edited by JohnnyB
  • Like 3