Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

On 10.9.2017 at 10:06 PM, cmatthes said:

I've been playing the shit out of this new Derrick Anderson disc!

Background singers always  included. It’s got a lot of bubblegum in it.

• Like 1

This is my favorite Tangerine Dream album, I’ve been playing it a lot the last month.

• Like 2

Somehow I always follow it with the soundtrack from Bladerunner. 

On 10/4/2017 at 12:12 AM, gtrdaddy said:

The Go-Go's meet The Smithereens? Dig the chick on the right throwing down some Pete Townshend windmills. 

That would be The Bangles meets The Smithereens meets The Muffs, to be more accurate.  "the chick on the right" is one of my heroes, Kim Shattuck, who has multiple albums with her band The Muffs. I've seen them a couple of times in small clubs around town here in Minneapolis (they're from L.A.).  She's quite the badass rocker chick on guitar, fronting a 3 piece band. She's noted for her screaming ability, having one the most signature rock screams around. You get slight dose of that in this song, That Awful Man by the Muffs, which has been played numerous times in my basement. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

That works too. I actually thought of Bangles too, but figured Go-Go's meets Bangles meets _____ was a bit to much. Never heard of the power trio Muff thing. That's pretty cool. I'll need to check it out. I've always enjoyed diving into some muff :lol:

Well, the other guitarist and the drummer are the from the Bangles, as is Derrick, who has played bass for them for awhile.  :) 

• Like 1

Tonight it’s some fine aged in a non-Bph plastic bottle  merlot and spinning at the workbench as I build up a new set of irons, Greece’s finest......

• Like 1