Hamer Fan Club Message Center

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't need new music until this is organized.

I’ve been on a huge Redd Kross kick.  This is one of the greatest TV performances I’ve ever seen.  

I've always liked this guy's tone and style... and a few excellent notes in the solo as well~

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

AC/DC's new album, Power Up, has been a surprise.  It sounds perfect.

It had no ups and downs to my ears. Pretty much flattened out. I‘d prefer Powerage over Power Up though.

• Like 1
On 11/29/2020 at 10:13 AM, Punkavenger said:

My taste in Black Sabbath must have changed over the years ... i remember I actually threw this album away when I first got it. A friend gave it to me and I hated it.

“Sabotage” gets a lot of shade thrown at it due to the prog-keys of Rick Wakeman. “Hole in the Sky”...sheeit. Who swings harder than Bill Ward?

Edited by RobB
  • Like 2

After watching 20 Feet From Stardom (highly recommended!), I started looking up the performers' music. I listened to Claudia Lennear's album the other day. It's got a great early 70s vibe.

Edited by BruceM

Tim Minchin's new CD, "Apart Together", is pretty much a perfect album, IMO.  He's best known for his comedic songs, and this is his first studio album.  Great turns of phrase, dude is a great pianist, and there are some great pop hooks and choruses here.

First single, video is all one shot.

And a beauty about resisting temptations.  I especially love the line about Pringles and Snickers wrappers, and the one about the devil tempting Jesus.

IMG_0654.JPG

Fairly brutal, 5-song live EP from Germany, 1986. WTF happened to this band? Oh yeah, I remember: Awful, suck-ass singers. Still, hard to deny the, "machina brutilicis" of the Benante/Ian combo.

• Like 1

IMG_0655.JPG

Really great, 14-song set from Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA. In comparison to, "On Your Feet..." and, "Some Enchanted Evening", the vocals are stronger, better mixing and BOC heavies up, "Burnin' For You", and other mid-career favorites. Buck plays his ass off on, "Roadhouse Blues."

• Like 2

IMG_0658.JPG

Lemmy's first post-Hawkwind release. Despite Lemmy's odd disclaimer (see below), this stands up. Larry Wallis is no Eddie Clarke, but I love the slower, druggier versions of later Motorhead ravers. 

IMG_0659.JPG

Edited by RobB