Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'Tiger Wood' For Sale

Engagement sale! Up for grabs is the world famous 'Tiger Wood', a '78 Sunburst sn# 8 0475. The guitar is all original and in very good to excellent condition with players wear and plenty of relic mojo. Structurally the guitar is solid as a rock and plays like brand new, however it does have the wear and vibe of a nearly 30 year old guitar. This guitar has been a recording and live monster over the last 6 months or so and has been one of the best hummer guitars I've ever owned. Neck is on the slimmer side. Comes with the original case. $1300 shipped.

DSCN5121.jpg

9762bde9.jpg

804752.jpg

That's a damn good price for that guitar, folks.

It's got its bumps and bruises, but it's also one of the most original '78 'bursts that you're going to find: original pickups, original finish, OHSC, bullseye tuners, original solder joints on the original DiMarzios. Totally unf**ked with.

With all of its "wear," the top looks excellent and has barely a mark on it. That top is also finished in a sunburst that is marked "E" in the Hamer serial logs. I asked Serial himself what that meant when I saw it in the books and he told me that they typically marked the serial number with an E (for experimental) because they were probably trying different variations on the sunburst color itself.

This one seems to have a lot of red on top of the dark edges, and as you can see from the photos, it's a stunning burst on top of a really nice flame top.

The neck is on the large side, it sounds awesome and is a dream to play too, making this a guitar a real winner all around.

If I had the dough, I'd be buying this guitar again (I've already bought it twice).

Those in the market should jump at this one.

Or, you could wait around for the next all original big neck '78 Sunburst to come up for sale...

An original '78 for $1300? Smoking deal.

I'll have to check the logs again to see what was in there-don't remember an "E", but there are some designations on a lot of the early ones where they were experimenting with the finishes. This one is from October 1978.

Congrats on the engagement!

Foot in the door... waiting for interesting noises...

JJ

Rob,

I'm in no hurry, if you're interested and think you can move on it in the coming months you're free to come pick it up. I know you're good for it.

.....as long as you agree not to route a single coil down the middle!

DAMNIT! ..... hahahha..

I was really thinking about it .. but I just can't justify it... unfortunately.... got something in the works, holding out for a T-51, AND need the funds to finish my studio.... Just don't bring it by .... hahahha

Frank,

Great to hear you like the Nash. It really is fun as hell to play, and toying around with different amps and set-ups makes it that much better.

I love the Sunburst, the neck profile is much more along the lines of what I like to play which is a beefy rounded profile. The '78 I just parted with was very slim almost shredder-like, so this is a functional upgrade for me. Pickups are hot as hell in this thing.

Archived