Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Queensryche saga -long read, but it's worth reading.

zorrow

I hate it when people see their creative life's output as a "brand", and feel chained to milking it out of fear of losing the income stream. They all lifted themselves up to near the top 'o the heap together, then lost the plot right around when DeGarmo split for whatever reason.

Sounds like the rest of the band was willing to put up with a ton of bullshit as long as the checks kept coming, then when the stream was about dry got the balls to strike out on their own and maybe have fun again. I doubt they'll find the payday as healthy though......

That "Cabaret" clip was fucking awful, though. I can't see hiring your daughter's boyfriend as the bass player in the band as being the obvious best bet either, but I think everyone got about what they deserve out of QR, and I'll just go back to "Rage For Order" or "Mindcrime" if I need a reminder of how awesome they could be in full stride.

Thanks for the tunes, all. Sorry to see all the filthy laundry strewn about, and I feel somewhat soiled and foolish for wasting a silly amount of my day getting wrapped up in the drama.

I feel somewhat soiled and foolish for wasting a silly amount of my day getting wrapped up in the drama.

Can't be truer my side. But I used to love those guys back in the day and now was just trying to find some consolation somewhere (snif, snif... :()

Been following this for a while, love everything through Mindcrime, Empire is alright but I could care less about anything after that. We saw them earlier this year at a small venue and aside from the notes that Tate has dodged for more than a decade (or two) they sounded pretty good. As far as Tate goes, I think 3:58 into this video pretty much confirms he is not necessarily the best band mate. I'd go so far to say that he deserves an ass beating but, seems the other guys are scared of him, best I can tell.

Wow, Tate straight-up hokked a loogie on his drummer...... :blink:

I'd say no way to abide that, and they should be done as a band with that level of animosity. In situations like these, I always ask WWBD?

Everyone can be a dick sometimes, but here the sage of our times shows us what is REALLY important - the music.

(and who pays for the weed)

Coarse language warning, drug references and lots of dicks...........

I too was first exposed to Queensryche at an early 80's KISS show . I forgot who made their guitars at that time but they were super elongated star like bodies . Anyone remember those ? I liked QR back then . I was both sadden and sickened to read both of those articles . Its like looking at a train reck couldn't stop reading . I still don't understand why the rest of the band didn't stand up to Tate for 20 years. They should have kicked him to the curb long ago . Life is too short .

The live footage proves that at least some of the accusations levelled at him by the other band members are the truth.

If he had spat at me (or my gear) during a show he'd need a wheelchair to take him home.

The live footage proves that at least some of the accusations levelled at him by the other band members are the truth.

If he had spat at me (or my gear) during a show he'd need a wheelchair to take him home.

Fully agree with you there is no excuse for Spitting,Like Roshark said they should of kicked him out years ago.

Read the public record on this one. The Breakdown Room discussion board has a threat to which I have been feeding the pleadings as they come up in Electronic Court Records (ECR) for King COunty, Washington. It does not look good for Mr. Tate.

Queensryche Lawsuit Documents Here (updated July 22)

The link is the same, but it has been updated much more recently.

The declarations of the crew, hired gun guitarist Parker Lundgren, and espcially "Fozzy" Orlando Scott O'Hare pretty much give you the lay of the land. They are all pretty early as they were gathered in response to Tate trying to get an injunction on the band's use o fthe name "Queensryche". The standard on that would be he'd have to show a substantial probability of winning...the injunction was denied.

It has gone quiet over the last ten days or so.

morningstar

Hi Morningstar

Thanks for posting after reading all the PDF files ,I agree it dosn't look good for Mr Tate,It sounds like he brought it upon himself over the years,and the last act of spitting and throwing water over an amp when live (Which lets be fair can KILL someone) is just so wrong on so many levels.

Interesting that Tate is announcing the "new' Queenryche on the internet when as far as I can see ownership of the name is still in legal dispute.

What will also be interesting is how long the hired guns will put up with his bad attitude.

Todd de la Torre sure can sing. No idea how long the hired guns will last. It may not be up to the hired guns.

The judge allowed both sides to use the name pending litigation. I know which one I will pay to see.

morningstar

Of all of the cast of characters in both Rising West and Tate's new group, are any of them songwriters? That is what Queensryche sorely missed in the absence of DeGarmo. Sarzo, Blotz, and Drover are big names, but are there any writers in that crew? (not asking to be critical - i honestly don't know...)

Gray and Gane had credits on Dedicated to Chaos, which was 93% pure crap - my opinion, of course...

Edit to add: What has DeGarmo done since leaving Queensryche? Would be interesting to hear something from him as well.... :)

Mr. DeGarmo is notoriously tight lipped about his break and unsuccessful reunion with Queensryche.

DeGarmo is a private commercial pilot. I am sure he has a great time shuttling VIPs around the planet. I read somewhere he flies his own jet, but can't prove it.

DeGarmo also put out an album "Spys for Darwin" which did OK. I have a copy.

DeGarmo returned for some writing duties on "Tribe", but bowed out again after trying to reccord and rehearse with you know who.

DeGarmo also shows up to play with Alice In Chains although it has been a while since I have seen any of that.

Tate was chief lyricist. The underlying music is mostly written by the rest of the band, especially the classic stuff to which they aspire to return. Rockenfield is well known for his movie, games, and other soundtrack work.

morninigstar

Tates Queensryche has a decent line-up:

• Rudy Sarzo
  • Bobby Blotzer (weird selection)
  • Glen Drover
  • Kelly Gray
  • Randy Gane

Read more at http://www.billboard...4zUJQfBxxwSD.99

It's quite rocking that line-up. Glen Drover can shred and has played with King Diamond and Megadeth, and also toured with Testament.

Yes you are right about Glen, I am most impressed with him being a part of the project than any of the others. Sarzo is cool though...

Funny enough, the announcement doesn't say anything about Glen's pedigree.

Anyway, that new band won't be Queensryche at all. As some posters said, it's just Tate's new band. The other Queensryche, with Todd La Torre fronting them, is way closer to what Queensryche used to be.

Now a little reflection: I know money talks, but I still think they would have had to pay me a lot of money if they wanted me in Tate's new band.

I know it's a lot of exposure; but of them all, the case I understand the less is Rudy's. It shouldn't be hard for that guy to score good gigs. I doubt he's in need of more visibility. So, why would one like him accept playing for Tate?

I'm not so sure the county fair circuit is that big of a money maker but who knows?

I gave it some thought and I retract. I would in fact seriously consider it, if someone proposed me that gig.

It is worth just for the exposure and because having that on one's CV would look really outstanding. It's also probable one would end playing with them some Queensryche songs we all love.

Yet, I still don't get Rudy's position.

I'm not so sure the county fair circuit is that big of a money maker but who knows?

A friend of mine is the controller for the city of Hammond, Indiana, which hires bands like Queensryche for its fairs and whatnot. They recently did a Styx, Foreigner and Cheap Trick trifecta (separate shows) at the local fairground venue. I also saw Gretchen Wilson there, one of the acts that played at the city's annual week-long summer festival. He cuts the checks and says bands of that stature make in the $50-$75K range. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Q'ryche maybe on the lower end of that as they really only had the one hit single.

A friend of mine is the controller for the city of Hammond, Indiana, which hires bands like Queensryche for its fairs and whatnot. They recently did a Styx, Foreigner and Cheap Trick trifecta (separate shows) at the local fairground venue. I also saw Gretchen Wilson there, one of the acts that played at the city's annual week-long summer festival. He cuts the checks and says bands of that stature make in the $50-$75K range. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Q'ryche maybe on the lower end of that as they really only had the one hit single.

Decent money no doubt and it's certainly the reason those three bands tour every summer with no new output to speak of.

Archived