Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Post audio from your Hamer! or other.

I still believe this Korean Cali is the best bang for the buck I have ever had.

+1 on that!

I adore my MIK Cali Deluxe...

MIKHamerCaliDeluxe.jpg

I'm playing a 1988 Charvel Model 4 at the mo but that will sell on eBay tomorra so will get the import out & record some stuff with it soon...

My 2 main guitars are my 92 US Cent & the import Cali Deluxe btw (+ I got a Dean ML as back-up back-up)...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just look at that Warman HOT 12 in the bridge :D (the neck is an Artec Anico 5 mini humbucker)...

You gotta try a Warman if you can get one over there: http://warmanguitars.co.uk/new2010range.html (I think they ship to USA & it's cheap)...

+1 on that!

I adore my MIK Cali Deluxe...

MIKHamerCaliDeluxe.jpg

I'm playing a 1988 Charvel Model 4

Very nice and in great shape too, none of that corrosion around the corners. Are those EMG's?

I too had a Charvel at one time. A model 3A I think. It was black, Basswood and had two of those covered humbuckers that were EMG or Jackson. It had a good Metal sound

yet a little boring. It went along with my Dual Ampegs and dreams of being a rockstar when I was married in 92.

I have only had a few guitars, but I like them all.

A 76 Swamp Ash natural wood Stratocaster with a stratoblaster booster built in it. Sold for $300 in 1988 while I was in the army like a fool

80'S Yamaha RGX 210 or something - O.K but made me realize what a fool I was to sell the strat

A pink 89 BC Rich ST3 Gunslinger

The Chavel Model 3A

Hamer Californian Slammer Series - Which I think is a better guitar than the Charvel but goes for 1/2 the price?

I'll check out the Warman Website.

If I get another guitar beside a Diablo, it will be a cheap strat sounding guitar. Like that Japanese brand everyone talks about or Leo's G&L. Can't afford Hamer's Daytona, but would love one.

I'm with you on the import Hamer over a Charvel any day. I mean, I play my Model 4 daily & it is good but that's only cos I need to solder a new switch & pot in my MIK Hamer + my Cent needs a whole re-wire as does my Dean ML (spose I'd better get my solder station out tonight cos I'll have nuttin to play tomoz)...

I'm down to 5 guitars at the mo & it will be 3 next week (I allow 3 keepers but I'm always buying/fixing/selling + my 3rd keeper changes [a lot] lol)...

I'm with you on the import Hamer over a Charvel any day. I mean, I play my Model 4 daily & it is good but that's only cos I need to solder a new switch & pot in my MIK Hamer + my Cent needs a whole re-wire as does my Dean ML (spose I'd better get my solder station out tonight cos I'll have nuttin to play tomoz)...

I'm down to 5 guitars at the mo & it will be 3 next week (I allow 3 keepers but I'm always buying/fixing/selling + my 3rd keeper changes [a lot] lol)...

I wish I had the budget to collect guitars but I have a son in college. Good luck and I hope you make a little money at it. There is nothing better than a great sounding guitar at a good price. I doubt I will ever spend more than $500 on a guitar again.

I'm late to listening to this thread so I am catching up.

I would really like to hear any kind of music made with members guitars, preferable Hamer's, along with the specs. It can be studio, home computer stuff or just an amp and mic.

It would be better than pictures to me. Actually both would be great.

http://neilglasscock...music/combo.m3u

94 Slammer Series Californian. Mahogany body.

lots of goodness here. Great playing.

Here's one I recorded with my old cherry BCR Jr. (can't find a pic):

Abaddon pt2

The rest were recorded using this Special:

Abaddon pt3

The Local Apocalypse

The Optimistic Song (solo only)

Light In the Head

Dream Machine

Untitled power pop

Everything was recorded using my old POD 2.0.

I really like this. For some reason I think of Hum.

http://girth.bandcamp.com/

Almost every distorted guitar part I ever recorded in this band was played on my mid 90s Hamer studio. I used the Dunan JB that came stock in this guitar for all of it too.

I used some Fenders for clean tones only, and an acoustic once or twice.

The last album had other guitar players so ignore that one.

Rock on!

Wow. This is some really awesome stuff. Very creative. Love the layering and percussiveness.

I appreciated everyone participating. I have them all saved and have been listening while driving. It's nice to hear stuff you known has a hamer in it and is mainly semi-professional

work.

Just changed strings and set intonatioin on my Hamer Cali MIK for the 1st time since I bought it couple of years ago, and it came out well. Quickly made snippet. Stretched the strings good first.

http://neilglasscock.com/music/sniping.mp3

A little avant-garde noise for ya:

http://soundcloud.co...rancos_edit_244

I like it, past and present. I even hear a little smashing pumkins in there. I will have to give it several listens. Safe to say that at least 1 person has done mind experimentation in the past :)

Wow! I've just been able to spend a bit of time in this thread for the first time and you guys totally ROCK!!!

Really inspiring stuff and some amazing music.

Thanks for taking the time to post your stuff; truly awesome.

conorb

I'll play. This is a song I've been reworking over the summer and have added vocals. I'm still working on it but it is pretty close to as good as I can get it.

Systems in Place

recording on my mac in Garageband using Amplitube for amp sims. Presonus firewire interface. Hamer 84 Prototype II for all guitar parts. Hamer 83 Cruise bass for bass. Drums on demand drums.

Systems in place is pretty fooking cool man... EPIC furious wah solo at the end dude, love it.

http://www.dlovether...nd.com/home.cfm

Here's a recent cover band demo that I finished a couple of months ago. I used my '94 Hamer Diablo II & Takamine EAN10C acoustic/ electric guitars, Fryette Valvulator tube buffer, Zoom G9.2tt effects processor into Pro Tools/Mac computer.

Guitar George

Great cover demos! I dig your willingness to tackle dance music.

I would have thought that Mathman used the Diablo II and Guitar George was using the Prototype II...

Hamers are so versatile!

Thanks for the good vibes, zenmindbeginner. I'm just trying to take an underrated guitar into being played in the public and hoping it would get recognition and respect from fellow musicians and the general audience. I'm happy to see other people on the board using these guitars for recording or live work onstage which is how they should be used.

Guitar George

I just received a Seymour Duncan TB-4 JB, a SH-1 59N plus a Dimarzio HS-2 single coil from member Cynic today and man am I excited.. As soon as I get the JB and HS-2 installed in my Cali Slammer Series, i will put up some snippets for comparison's to the Duncan Design HB103's.

If I picked out any two pup's for the guitar, I think the TB-4 JB and the HS-2 would be the choice since I like 80's metal such as Ratt, Dokken and tend towards a more stratish sound. I am very fortunate to get these.

I have enjoyed listening to all the uploads and need more. I have them all on a thumb drive and have been listening to them in the car. A couple of them are really good like the rest but continue to grow on you.

been fooling w/ moviemaker again. this recording features my 1st 2 hamers;

my very 1st hamer on the solo (a slammer series sunburst w/ a dimarzio tone zone), and my very 1st usa hamer on the rhythms (25th anniversary that i think still had a JB... not really sure, as it was almost ten years ago).

hamers03.jpg

this spinal tap-ish tune was inspired by stike, who wanted us to put together a "cowbell cock-rawk" band (the precursor to wizard sleeves, but w/ original tunes) called "camel teux". it never materialized, but i got inspired and wrote and recorded this tune very quickly. the amp sounds are the amp sims built into my roland VS840-EX recorder. the wife was out of town, so i got drunk and jumped around my kitchen to get into character to cut the vocals, ha.

Oh wth. Here's two more from a more experimental side of my playing/writing... :lol:

I might add that while done on my Diablo and (and possibly some Ovation acoustic/electric) the signals in both songs are highly processed and might not owe a bit of their tone to the fact that it's Hamer...

Autumnal Moon

Dissection of a Logical Mind

some excellent stuff in this thread!!

my on/off funk project is back on again and we made a quick and dirty demo as a trio: funky click

alas, no Hamers were disrespected this time....

mike

Oh man, funk is important to me and your Rufus cover was slinky, bouncy and good as hell. Loved all three tunes Mike, your band is f**king AWESOME and the guitar playing was just perfect.

Here's an old clip I did with a friend of mine. He did the rhythm guitars and drums, I added lead guitar and bass. Both of us own Korina Standards from the '95 run. Or at least, I used to own this one (just sold it);

http://www.mp3lizard...ad.cfm?id=13717

Korina1.jpg

That was some total face melting rawk guitar with some classic high gain tonez!

LOVED it.

Oh wth. Here's two more from a more experimental side of my playing/writing... :lol:

I might add that while done on my Diablo and (and possibly some Ovation acoustic/electric) the signals in both songs are highly processed and might not owe a bit of their tone to the fact that it's Hamer...

Autumnal Moon

Dissection of a Logical Mind

That is some beautiful and edgy impressionism Diablo, I loved every second of it and would make GREAT music for film.

my on/off funk project is back on again and we made a quick and dirty demo as a trio: funky click

I especially dug the "Super Stupid" cover. I played that one on stage back in April. Big fun! My maple-top Mirage II got disrespected in a major way:

http://www.thebarnpresents.net/music/fcp/20120426/t4.mp3

That is some beautiful and edgy impressionism Diablo, I loved every second of it and would make GREAT music for film.

Domo Zen.

Oh man, funk is important to me and your Rufus cover was slinky, bouncy and good as hell. Loved all three tunes Mike, your band is f**king AWESOME and the guitar playing was just perfect.

thanks for the kind words Geoff!!

I especially dug the "Super Stupid" cover. I played that one on stage back in April. Big fun! My maple-top Mirage II got disrespected in a major way:

thanks mang and it is a fun tune. you guys sounded great on that.. huge energy!

there's def some high-quality music stuff in this thread........

mike

Archived