Hamer Fan Club Message Center

How many Mirage II's did Hamer make?

I was wondering what my chances are of eventually getting a Mirage II. I want a mahogaony based 25 1/2 dual humbucker rig to cover that side of things. Actually it would be nice to know roughly how many of all the USA discontinued models were made.

I am logging lots of time on my Centaura! I cannot get over how every note "speaks" on this thing.

photo-1697.jpg

When you say "mahogany based"... You realize you'll have either maple or koa top? Not aware of any ALL mahogany ones.

Yes, I know they have different tops. I really like some of the flamed maple topped ones that I have seen. kazinzki has an awesome red one...but my budget won't fit that one right now.

Does anyone know if Hamer kept tabs on the numbers of each model made?

Barn

My guess is that they didn't keep a running tally of each model, although it seems they were pretty good about logging each guitar made. So many models (and seemingly infinite variants) have come and gone over the years, it'd be a pretty big task to ket those totals straightened out.

I was wondering what my chances are of eventually getting a Mirage II. I want a mahogaony based 25 1/2 dual humbucker rig to cover that side of things. Actually it would be nice to know roughly how many of all the USA discontinued models were made.

I am logging lots of time on my Centaura! I cannot get over how every note "speaks" on this thing.

photo-1697.jpg

;)

That is the nicest Centaura I have ever seen!

I never was a fan of the sparkly or crackly finishes. If it had a maple fingerboard it would be perfect.

864 Mirages in total. 344 Mirage Is, 262 Mirage IIs, 258 maple tops in ruby red and kool blue.

Total number of ALL discontinued models made (not including Standards or retreaded models appearing under another name) 38,951.

Don't ask how me how many of the blue vs reds there were though.

Actually, I have no idea.

Hi all,

I just bought my first Mirage II and I am totally knocked over by it. It is the natural flamed maple top that Mass Street Music recently sold. What a great guitar.

I have owned and sold 4 Gibson 1959 Historic Les Pauls and they couldn't hold a candle to this guitar. At $795 used, it is the best deal out there. I also own a great sounding '63 SG Standard and a '69 Tele, and my Mirage II can compete with both of them.

Just stopping by to say "hello" and say that I am proud to be a new Hamer owner.

Guitarhak

Guitarhak:

Glad to have you aboard! You obviously know what you like and have firsthand knowledge of what's good out there. Mirages are very underrated, and a favorite of many of the gang here.

(Except for Saxon)

In all fairness to the Turd, I don't think he ever said they they don't sound good.

Jack, Jack, Jack...

You KNOW it's all about "the Look"!!!

(right, Chris? ;) )

just a point of order that some may not know, the Mirage II is a Koa top dual humbucker, the Mirage Mapletop ( like what Colin sold JJ ) is not the same as a "II" it's just called Mirage Mapletop and replaced both Mirage and Mirage II in the line( it only lasted a year ) 1996 or 97 IIRC

In all fairness to the Turd, I don't think he ever said they they don't sound good.

Jack, Jack, Jack...

You KNOW it's all about "the Look"!!!

(right, Chris? ;) )

And I was going to keep my droppings off this post until you guys called me in, LOL.....

Here are my thoughts on the Mirage......

mirage.JPG

Dayum!

Proud price tag, indeed ;)

JJ

864 Mirages in total. 344 Mirage Is, 262 Mirage IIs, 258 maple tops in ruby red and kool blue.

Total number of ALL discontinued models made (not including Standards or retreaded models appearing under another name) 38,951.

Steve, do they mention the natural and sunburst Mapletops in the records? Those are some badass guitars ( I think Mr Happy has cornered the market ;) )

864 Mirages in total.  344 Mirage Is, 262 Mirage IIs, 258 maple tops in ruby red and kool blue.

Total number of ALL discontinued models made (not including Standards or retreaded models appearing under another name)  38,951.

Cool, since I already own 2 kool blue maple tops, and only 258 total maple tops of all colors were made, I most likely have over 1% of the total number of kool blue ones in my possession. Collectors beware, there's a new player in town! ;)

Seriously though, I really think the Mirage series was one of Hamers finest that for whatever reason (aesthetics? scale length? marketing?) never caught on the way it should have. Maybe a better trem than the VSV would have helped, but as hardheartedbill said, wire one up so that you can split the humbuckers into single coils (conveniently Hamer saw fit to use a 3-way blade selector switch that can easily be swapped out for a 5-way "super switch"), these do become a "one guitar that does it all" axe. Too bad Hamer didn't make them available with a factory installed piezo equipped trem like the EB Petrucci model, then I would not have a need for another guitar on stage other than an emergency backup ;)

864 Mirages in total.  344 Mirage Is, 262 Mirage IIs, 258 maple tops in ruby red and kool blue.

Total number of ALL discontinued models made (not including Standards or retreaded models appearing under another name)  38,951.

Steve, do they mention the natural and sunburst Mapletops in the records? Those are some badass guitars ( I think Mr Happy has cornered the market ;) )

Thanks for those numbers Steve...never saw those figures before.

Bill... I only have three sunbursts! :wub:;);)

Archived