Hamer Fan Club Message Center

10/13/2012 Chicago Hamer Reception at Cliffdwellers: Need Headcount - Action Requested

hectorp

All:

I need to get a headcount for Paul Hamer for the 10/13 Reception at the Cliffdwellers Club in Chicago (Event before the Jam).

I'm trying to finalize the headcount by Friday, September 28th.

Payment would be made at the event.

***PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL at [email protected] WITH YOUR HANDLE AND YOUR REAL NAME AND HOW MANY TOTAL WILL BE IN YOUR PARTY***

For reference, here are the details from the Pinned Announcement on the 2012 Jam:

THE RECEPTION...

Who:

* You and Paul Hamer and members of the HFC...perhaps some special surprise VIP guests too!

What:

* Meet Paul and fellow HFCers, friends, players, luthiers, etc.

* Lunch with comrades.

* Bring in your Hamer guitar(s) for some Buy, Sell, Trade, Show off action -

Where:

Cliff Dwellers Club

The Penthouse of...

200 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL 60604-2487

Phone: 312-922-8080 * Fax: 312-922-8084

When: From Noon to 2PM on Saturday, October 13th

How much: $45.00

Link: (Note the link just tells you about the Cliff Dwellers Club itself, not the event) http://www.cliff-chicago.org/

Updated on 9-27.

Here's what I show as the current attendees for the Cliffdwellers Reception. I have to get this over to Paul ....who is trying to deal with 'the management' at the Cliffdwellers.

Who have I missed?

Handle Name # Attending

SVL Scott Licina (and Sal Monaco and Brian) 3

Jeff R Jeff Richard 2

McChris C Fred Lathrop 2

L Nutter Larry Nutter 1

Badger Dave Dave Owen 2

Bubs_42 Shawn Soens 1

Veatch Jef Veatch 1

Stevie Conlon Stevie Conlon 2

Bloozguy Ray Egan 1

Shredmeister Bruce Harding 1

Murkat Jay Kolanda 2

Gatorbyte Steve Starnchak 1

BTMN Gene Kelly 1 Maybe +1

Hamer Dave Dave Wrobel 1 Maybe +1

Kizansky Mike Abene 1

Rob Herman Rob Herman 1

Hectorp Chris Herman 2

Bob Schaffner 1

Total 26 Maybe +2 = 28

Oh.

Shit.

I'll take that as the party just went to the next level. ;)sd

There are only a few genuinly...genuine people in this world who make every experience that much more enjoyable, that much more memorable.

REE-shard is one of them.

I was already psyched to be able to hang with The Muse, one of my dearest, closest friends, for the weekend. Now a second will show up. Honestly, I could care less about the guitars and the music. For me it's all about seeing (now two) guys who I haven't seen in way too long.

I saw Muse last year at this event - already far too long.

The last time I saw Jeff was Jazzfest '09 in New Orleans. FAR too long, and way too hung over as I waited at the gate for my flight to head home.

Truly one of the saddest places to be: leaving NOLA for anywhere else, let me tell you...

I guess that's my long-winded way of saying, "Yes, you're right."

I spoke with Jeff and Vonnie yesterday - bummed that I won't be able to hang with them in Chicago, but we're firming up plans for a later visit to LA.

As Kiz mentioned, finer people you will never meet.

I'm now a maybe. Trying to nail down travel & hotel arrangements. bubs_42 has kindly reached out to offer up guidance and even assistance. Just wanted to publicly state the very kind gesture is greatly appreciated. Thanks, bubs !

Archived