Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New KISS

David B

Paul would've sounded WAY better singing it, so not sure what that's all about. And the guitar tone is so harsh it hurts my ears. Need Paul and Ace!!!

God, I loved Robert Gordon. Saw him at a small joint in Chicago for the first time in '79 (I think, or '80). He was a complete badass performer.

Agree with Rodip, can't touch the TD version, but still a good rendition.

I'd actually heard the Ram Jam cover before and thought it was an original...

:D

I don't think KISS is a bad band, but always thought they were overrated. But what do I know? I'm from a post-KISS generation.

Can someone here point me to a good compilation of theirs, please? Or maybe some of their outstanding albums? I do want to "get" it!

Zorrow, Gene and Paul have put out about 624 "Best Hits" CDs. Or, just go see any show in the past 10 years -- or the next 10 years -- and you'll hear the same crap they've been playing forever.

KISS is the reason I'm a musician, as I'm sure they are to many others, but I don't dig what they're doing these days but that's just me. This Eric tune sounds like any other Peter Criss tune, and I'm sure Tommy's tune on the CD (an "ode to the Spaceman character" apparently), will sound just like Ace, the guy Tommy wishes he was. It's just all so contrived IMO.

I do agree that REVENGE is a great CD though.

KISS Alive! is the album to get to understand what the early days were about.

This/\

While I was pretty bummed when I found out Alive was not completely "live", it still embodies the energy and the attitude that was the KISS phenomenon. That one album had a more profound effect on my musical interests and direction than any other. It just barely surpassed Jimi Hendrix' Are You Experienced in it's impact and that's saying a LOT.

I'll get the three of them -"Alive!", "Dressed to Kill" and "Revenge". Let's see how I like KISS then.

BTW, I just saw I have "Destroyer" at home. Barely remember it, but I didn't dislike it, if I remember well.

Will have to add, for studio (and I am an old Kiss fan)

"Hotter Than Hell" has a unique tone, quality to it, my fav studio because of.

The tracks were done "different" than any other studio album,

Prior to the "Erzin big sound" (Destroyer, etc.).

A Unique quality to it, to me, it is raw, rocks, almost experimental with the different tones and techiques used.

A far departure from other releases, it is still kiss.

Takes a lil to get use to....

Parasite just rips. the rif is something to really grasp. Ace just chews it up.

Archived