Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Well, it was fun....... but it's over.

BCR Greg

Most unfortunate.

Any word on whether FMIC will keep their import line? I suppose that would have an impact upon whether they were even open to selling the brand...Then the other question is whether the existing (part-time now) Hamer builders would be open to a new owner or prefer the "security" of continuing to work for a larger (arguably faceless?) entity that is financially overextended.

I have been asked to not reveal the source, since business is business. The brand is not for sale. They are sitting on it, perhaps it will come back as a "specialty" brand like Gresch and Guild are handled.

I was the top Hamer dealer for many years, and I enjoyed a lot of great times with a lot of great people. I made some life long friends as a result of Hamer guitars, and there are no words to describe this.

None.

It is, indeed, sad.

But if we are to look for a silver lining, let me ask this of Greg.

One thing that I always appreciated about Greg's presence here was his incredible knowledge about building/repairing and his ability to promote the 'underdog' for lack of a better word. So, Greg, who are the other smaller shops that impress you?

Marc

Sad, yes, but not nearly as sad as the brand being whored out. I'd take this as a indication of our increased responsibility as caretakers of the marque.

Caretakers of the marque? When they start making Charvels with Gibson type specs?

This was their redhedded step child that they never wanted and have finally kicked out of the house. Not happy to say this either as things were lining up for me to put in a call to a Hamer dealer given their recent change of heart on CO. Fuck, indeed.

Not surprising, but still a bummer. As a fan of the brand, I think that it is unfortunate that "Hamer" is now going to mean cheap imports (that now mirror the USA guitars closer than ever). But then, as a cult brand, I suppose that might be what they meant to most people out there anyway. Bummer.

-

Austin

Archived