Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Well, it was fun....... but it's over.

BCR Greg

I did not see this coming

guess i should hold on to that korina standard

If you didn't see that coming you haven't been paying attention at all. ;) But lets face it the only thing that has really brought any kind of money is the 4 digit Standard's and Artist related guitars/ One offs. Everything eventualy becomes "Vintage" and will have value. I don't see the prices increasing anytime soon since no one really know's Hamer Still Made guitars but us. (Seems that way anyway some times)

I got kicked in the nuts today but it didn't hurt this bad. :(

I did not see this coming

guess i should hold on to that korina standard

If you didn't see that coming you haven't been paying attention at all. ;) But lets face it the only thing that has really brought any kind of money is the 4 digit Standard's and Artist related guitars/ One offs. Everything eventualy becomes "Vintage" and will have value. I don't see the prices increasing anytime soon since no one really know's Hamer Still Made guitars but us. (Seems that way anyway some times)

I got kicked in the nuts today but it didn't hurt this bad. :(

i'm not really that knowledgalbe in HAMER history. I knew that Fender owned the HAMER name, but thats about it. I figured they were doing ok, kinda like Heritage...just keepin on, keepin on.

I am not surprised in fact it really have been a question of when for me. The bottom line for Fender or any large-ish company is money. There just wasnt enough demand for Hamers to justify the cost of devoting highly skilled american workers and overhead to it. A small company can be happy with a little profit from a labor of love whereas big company says these resources can be produce more revenue doing something else. I cant blame Fender for that its simple and the truth.

Do I feel bummed? A little, but they werent going to make me my checkerboard standard anyway and that was really the only new guitar that they could make that I wanted. I can buy all the great stuff that they made now used.

Now for the real problem. The best used guitar value out there is soon to disappear as price go up and supply diminishes. Get ready and I hope you have what you want cause it aint getting cheaper.

Even with out Hamer the HFC is the best damn messageboard with the greatest members ever.

Now for the real problem. The best used guitar value out there is soon to disappear as price go up and supply diminishes. Get ready and I hope you have what you want cause it aint getting cheaper.

From your lips to God's ears, brother. 'Cause it could easily go the opposite- NO name out there at all (as opposed to the tiny name it's been over the past decade or so) leads to no value except to the hardcore fanbase which is (sorry, old bastards, of which I am one) steadily dying off.

'Cause it could easily go the opposite- NO name out there at all (as opposed to the tiny name it's been over the past decade or so) leads to no value except to the hardcore fanbase which is (sorry, old bastards, of which I am one) steadily dying off.

My son will carry the torch. Hopefully your kids will too. Two or three kids to each Hamer fan club dad = more fans. The Mayan calendar ran out today. Someone miscalculated.

Agreed that we knew the day was likely coming, but this is still a HUGE let down.

Glad I got some custom orders in over the years, and hopefully we'll see the flag fly again.

Until then, play 'em if ya got 'em, kids!

Archived