Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Come on Brent are we ashamed?

This sort of "moral" issue pops up periodically. No one is forced to buy an item if they think it is priced incorrectly. If I had an opportunity to score a guitar at a price I knew I could not lose money on, I probably would, just on the chance it would "speak" to me. I would generally be averse to posting the prices I paid, or sold gear for. I also try not to think of what a person's motivation is for buying and selling. Brent seems like an impulsive buyer and seller! JMHO

ArnieZ

Sure. Why should someone that might have kept the damn thing be given the chance for a good deal when someone that's sold two of the same model weeks after buying them can make a profit.

Fuckin excuse me sir!

Last i checked we live is capitolist society, a free country, where the free enterprise system is a way of life.

If you wanted it you should have bought the fucking this off ebay just like i did.....FUCKIN JEEEZZZZZ :mellow:

God Damm....and you wonder why i didnt post it here???

That's the way of the world. If someone told you that everyone was ENTITLED to whatever they feel they're due or "owed", than that someone was full of shit. The only things we're entitled to after we're born is to breath, shit and die- everything else you have to work hard for, and in some cases also be lucky enough to score.

If you can make a profit selling guitars in this day and economic age, good on ya. I've bought from Brent and he's always been a stand up guy, and I've never felt cheated. I'm sure he made a profit on what I bought, and I'm glad he did.

Thanks for explaining how the world works :mellow:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Making a profit is one thing, jumping on a deal simply for the opportunity to make someone pay nearly a grand more is another. We're not talking appreciation over a period of years, we're talking days.

Can you blame him?

I can, and do. I guess I feel like if we get a great deal on a piece of gear, that we should pass it on when we sell. If the guitar has appreciated while in your hands, fine...but that's not what we're talking about here.

Good for svl that he doesn't feel Brent's shafted him, and hopefully whoever bought the Standard doesn't feel shafted either.

I'm obviously in the minority on this one, so hooray for Brent, way to hook a brother up!

You know what Mr. Get on your Fuckin High Horse, I dont have a $100,000 salary, i have bills, i live in a 40 yr old 1000 sq foot house, i drive a 6 yr old car with 145,000 miles on it, a 6 yr old daughter, a dog and a good reputation for being a honest seller ALL OVER THE GUITAR COMMUNITY!!!

Where the fuck do you come off telling me what i should and shouldnt do with my money and my guitars? I guess you could flame me if i were some kind of dishonest scammer, that sold crap for big money....you go looking for someone who has bought from me that felt like they were taken advantage of or that was unhappy with their deal.....YOU WONT FIND ANYBODY.....BECAUSE I SELL FOR A FAIR PRICE AND I DONT FEED MY BUYERS ANY BULLSHIT!!!

Stick that in your fucking hat, you arrogant prick!!!

Sure. Why should someone that might have kept the damn thing be given the chance for a good deal when someone that's sold two of the same model weeks after buying them can make a profit.

Fuckin excuse me sir!

Last i checked we live is capitolist society, a free country, where the free enterprise system is a way of life.

If you wanted it you should have bought the fucking this off ebay just like i did.....FUCKIN JEEEZZZZZ :mellow:

God Damm....and you wonder why i didnt post it here???

This....If I could make a few hundred on an easy flip, I'd do it without a second thought. You jumped on on eBay score and made some money. Good for you.

Guess this is a pitfall of a our little tight-knit, family-like forum here ( if I may be so bold as to include myself in ): Much of what we do and say is in support of each other and perhaps a certain expectation arises, as a result, wherein one's good fortune(s) as they relate to guitars, are to be shared. Then there's the "keeping it in the family" angle, which we've all read many times over. It's a theory, prolly not a good one. But it might explain why feelings might be a tad affected around here.

That's the way of the world. If someone told you that everyone was ENTITLED to whatever they feel they're due or "owed", than that someone was full of shit. The only things we're entitled to after we're born is to breath, shit and die- everything else you have to work hard for, and in some cases also be lucky enough to score.

If you can make a profit selling guitars in this day and economic age, good on ya. I've bought from Brent and he's always been a stand up guy, and I've never felt cheated. I'm sure he made a profit on what I bought, and I'm glad he did.

Thanks for explaining how the world works :mellow:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Making a profit is one thing, jumping on a deal simply for the opportunity to make someone pay nearly a grand more is another. We're not talking appreciation over a period of years, we're talking days.

Can you blame him?

I can, and do. I guess I feel like if we get a great deal on a piece of gear, that we should pass it on when we sell. If the guitar has appreciated while in your hands, fine...but that's not what we're talking about here.

Good for svl that he doesn't feel Brent's shafted him, and hopefully whoever bought the Standard doesn't feel shafted either.

I'm obviously in the minority on this one, so hooray for Brent, way to hook a brother up!

You know what Mr. Get on your Fuckin High Horse, I dont have a $100,000 salary, i have bills, i live in a 40 yr old 1000 sq foot house, i drive a 6 yr old car with 145,000 miles on it, a 6 yr old daughter, a dog and a good reputation for being a honest seller ALL OVER THE GUITAR COMMUNITY!!!

Where the fuck do you come off telling me what i should and shouldnt do with my money and my guitars? I guess you could flame me if i were some kind of dishonest scammer, that sold crap for big money....you go looking for someone who has bought from me that felt like they were taken advantage of or that was unhappy with their deal.....YOU WONT FIND ANYBODY.....BECAUSE I SELL FOR A FAIR PRICE AND I DONT FEED MY BUYERS ANY BULLSHIT!!!

Stick that in your fucking hat, you arrogant prick!!!

Love it! An old-fashioned HFC dust-up!

To imply that someone got ripped off if they paid for something and actually received it as described is silly. If you pay a higher price for an item than someone else might have because you didn't do exhaustive research on it, that's on you. Then again, the unthinkable could have happened here, and the buyer thought the guitar was worth every penny and is ecstatic with his purchase, choosing to spend his time enjoying a new instrument versus prowling around the internet trying to save every last nickel he can.

As long as we're ribbing each other goodnaturedly, I blame bubs for bringing this transaction to light. I'd have never known about it otherwise, and I'm guessing others wouldn't have either.

The way some of you keep tabs on each other's online activity is, put politely, a little odd.

maybe it's not so much about the deal, and more about not giving your fellow "HFC's" a shot at it. of course I could be wrong.

Look at the reception i would have got if i would have posted it here....do you blame me for not posting it here?

maybe it's not so much about the deal, and more about not giving your fellow "HFC's" a shot at it. of course I could be wrong.

Look at the reception i would have got if i would have posted it here....do you blame me for not posting it here?

And we wonder why Hamer is out of business! lol

I have no problem with someone making some bucks by selling, to a willing buyer, absent any dishonesty. The original seller did not necessarily have to accept the (in retrospect, and admitted) low ball offer. IN fact, I can recall (at least) one non-Hamer item I offered on this site that drew an immediate offer that was pretty clearly low ball and setting up a flip, IMO. (Party making that offer, not disclosed).

I have been able to acquire some Hamers at very nice prices. Pretty sure I could sell them at higher prices elsewhere if/when I desired. But I have had some good deals with people herein and would feel poorly if I did not return the favor. So I am sure I have sold a few things on HFC for less than top dollar.

I am not sure where the good balance is-----I also KNOW that some of the things I DO own (and will eventually sell) will NEVER get back the bucks I out into them. It would be NICE to come out ahead on a few to offset some of those. And I should add----ONLY PARTIALLY OFFSET. That is life and I would not waste too much time dwelling on things I bought and "overpaid" for-----Unless someone was less than honest in making the sale.

Hey, that's life. Still, would have been nice if someone here that really wanted and would use such a guitar had picked up the "bargain".

don't know about that, because it didn't happen. as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with the buying/selling aspect. but you've been active on this forum, and by not listing it might rub some the wrong way.

I really like that chick in your avatar, Brent. Something about her that really draws the attention.

There is a member here who has purchased a couple guitars from me and flipped them, even going so far as to list them HERE at a much higher price than I had them listed HERE for. Gave me all the BS about how much he was digging the guitar, been looking for one of these. Whatever. I got my asking, he made some bucks off me. Good for him. I like to employ the "pass on my good fortune" model, too, but not to flippers. That's the last guitar he gets from me.

Cynic, how much would you want for that 4-digit you got for cheap since you are into "hooking a brother up"?

Edited to add that I think it was a bit lame for Bubs to post this here - the intent was to shame and look what we have as a result.

Cynic, how much would you want for that 4-digit you got for cheap since you are into "hooking a brother up"?

I can't answer this with anything but conjecture, but I'll say the price would be objectively fair.

I'm happy to discuss offline what I feel my obligation is towards that guitar...It might come across as arrogant here.

I can't answer this with anything but conjecture, but I'll say the price would be objectively fair.

I'm happy to discuss offline what I feel my obligation is towards that guitar...It might come across as arrogant here.

In cynic's defense, I did offer him what was, in my opinion, a sizable profit on that 4-digit, but he declined.

I don't blame Brent at all....I would have done the same thing. What's the big deal anyway? He didn't rip anyone off. He sold it for market value. He got a killer deal and flipped it for a nice profit, but still sold at MARKET VALUE! Which no one here was or would have been willing to pay.

I saw it posted on another site and thought maybe that's what I'm going to have to do to avoid a razzing on here with a few pieces that I got at exceptional deals.

If someone was selling a guitar that I wanted at a price I was willing to pay, I wouldn't care what they paid for it! Good for them!

And just so you know i didnt sell it for $2200

You do not need to justify yourself, your actions at all.

Your actions are not criminal, and not worthy to be judged by anyone, any hypocrit.

Now, about that bong hit... ;)

If its worth it you then buy, if its not let someone else have it. No smack against Brent here fella's lets keep it was it is a clean razzing. We all know why Brent buys some of these guitars to make a profit and I'm guessing that he is good at it. I just found it funny that he didn't post it here.

Absolutely right on. No knock on him for doing it, other than just to yank his chain.

Archived