Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Hamer Artist Korina HB with SD Ultimate pickups

I bought this guitar from my brother Travis, a long time forum member, about a year or so ago. It's an amazing guitar, but I just don't play it enough. Something this nice needs to be played more.

Only flaw is a small nic, no larger than a pin head, see pic. Travis had it signed by Joel Danzig, see pics. Comes with an SKB hardshell case.

$1000 shipped in US. Paypal gift. I'll cover shipping. If you live in the Chicago area, we can meet somewhere. I live in Wheaton. My e-mail address is: [email protected]

photo4.jpg

photo1.jpg

1222121308.jpg

1222121306.jpg

1222121307.jpg

1222121307a.jpg

1222121307b.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

My name is Travis and I approve this message...

Also, any questions about this guitar, I'll be happy to answer. It was really one of the finest instruments I ever owned.

The pickups are genuine SD Custom Shop "Ultimates" taken from an Artist Ultimate.

The pickups were hand wound and serial number matched to the Hamer Artist Ultimates before installation.

The same pickups without the serial number matching were dubbed "SLU's" (Slightly Less Ultimate)

They sound like a Custom Shop PAF style pickup should. Very clear and transparent without coloring the tone of the guitar. Extremely versatile for all styles. I even plugged it into my 5150 and cranked the gain, got a great metal riffing tone out of them.

The top is figured korina, not maple.

And the neck is similar to a vintage carve, just slightly smaller than the more recent vintage carves. I'd put it somewhere between the medium necks of the mid 90's and the baseball bats of the 2000's. very comfortable neck with a nice round profile.

Cool looking guitar . Is that a maple top on a Korina body ? What shape is the neck profile ? I have never heard anything about Seymore Duncan ultimates PU ? What do they sound like ? Made in 2001 if I am reading it right

Flame korina top. Chunky neck. Travis can help you out describing the pickups. They are the ones that Hamer put in the Artist Ultimate.

this is a custom order one:

1) korina body

2) custom color

3) grovers instead of the regular schallers

4) pickups....

awesome guitar!!!

I have a 2001 artist custom my self, all stock... the best neck shape from all my Hamers. It's a round 59 shape.

this is a custom order one:

1) korina body

2) custom color

3) grovers instead of the regular schallers

4) pickups....

awesome guitar!!!

I have a 2001 artist custom my self, all stock... the best neck shape from all my Hamers. It's a round 59 shape.

Korina Artist HBs came with Grovers. That is not a custom feature.

It seems that Hamer perhaps later switched to Schallers on this model, but my 2002 had Grovers. It also had the damned fatest necks I've ever played on a Hamer.

hmm, my 2001 has Schallers and the neck is anything but fat. As far as thickness is concerned it is about the same as my 2005 MONEL, and slimmer than my ex 2004 MONEL.

It has no shoulders compared to the 2005 monel, but thickness is about the same and it is anything but a baseball bat.

I personally prefer the Grovers instead of the Schallers (they just look cooler IMO)

Having played quite a few Gibson Historics, the 2001 artist neck is really a NICE 59 shape. (some R9s are a LOT thicker... noteably the 2001 R9s for instance)

The schallers on my 2001:

IMG_0370.jpg

My 2002 Artist KorinaHB in jazzburst that I bought off MirageJake has Grover's, is slightly figured, plays incredibly easy, and sounds huge. I have a BL L90 in the bridge and a Vintage Vibe HS90A in the neck which is like a giant Strat pickup. It is my best guitar. I can do anything with it. I love my Korina Special Junior but I so wish it was jazzburst too....

See my avatar for a pic....

• 11 months later...

I will keep that in mind.

I had to move two Heritage guitars I never thought I would part with this summer, due to the aftermath of two major emergency surgical procedures;

I considered moving this one very, very briefly, but I could not bring myself to do it.

Archived