Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer book.

martin-uk

I just ordered two copies, one for myself and one for my friend who first told me several years ago when I wanted a good value in a humbucking guitar "You ought to check out Hamers. They are really good guitars." I owe him this debt. I look forward to getting the book, and to getting it signed. Thanks!

Tried to contact you Steve..

Congrats and Nice Job on getting the book completed Steve and Joe!!!

Minor point on the little excerpt to the book on the Schiffer site. This might have been posted to the website before the latest proofread.

While the blueburst standard is major cool, it wasn't the last guitar to have the "long oval" backplate.

blueburst.jpg

#0100, which is a production piece in sunburst with crown inlays has the long oval plate- I know the guitar quite well. While I haven't personally seen standard #0101, I have seen #0102 and it has the triangular backplate.

And this one from 4/11/79 also has it.

RNCoffeetable.jpg

RN_coffeetablecutaway.jpg

Peter

I know 0098 has the triangle plate-0097 is a V iirc. #0100 is an earlier log date than #0096. The completion dates were all over the palace back then-not often consecutive numbers/dates.

I know 0098 has the triangle plate-0097 is a V iirc. #0100 is an earlier log date than #0096. The completion dates were all over the palace back then-not often consecutive numbers/dates.

Steve, you are right that #0097 is a V, but #0098 has the long oval backplate. It is sunburst, crown inlays with gold hardware. You would know better about the information on the completion dates, which I agree can be all over the map as I heard back then if someone wanted to request a certain serial number that was possible.

Peter

Thanks for all of the support! I'm currently working out how to get books signed for those who want that without needing to ship them all over the place many times. Also have book signing event(s) in the works...Stay tuned!

Heard from the publisher yesterday late. My advance copy is being sent this week or early next and the bulk order should be at the distributors @6 weeks from now. They're likely taking the slow boat from China (literally), but they're printed for the most part com what I can tell.

Thanks for the years of research.

A book signing event would be Great. Keep us informed.

Can't wait to get my copy/copies!

Great work, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on these books to hit the shelves and mailboxes, but I just saw that Schiffer has a "Look Inside" feature that I hadn't seen before:

http://www.schifferbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_book_info&cPath=956_837_590&products_id=5216

(For the clicking impaired, see below...)

9780764343520a.jpg

9780764343520b.jpg

9780764343520c.jpg

...and I was stupid enough not to buy new camera to make quality pics of mine. Now I have that camera. 2nd volume planned? B)

Still waiting on these books to hit the shelves and mailboxes, but I just saw that Schiffer has a "Look Inside" feature that I hadn't seen before:

I thought it was agreed that this book should contain a lot of picks from the Booties, Boobies and Kickers threads.

But I don't see any. I am deeply disappointed.

Second volume is planned. I'll figure out how to get B & B in there...

Chris M.: If the 2nd. book is planned and allows for modified Hamers, I'll send you mine to photograph.

I'm certainly no expert, but I do believe that a medium tip Sharpieis the approved method...

I am still holding off on purchasing a book until I know the best way to get it signed by everyone.

My guess is that some sort of pen will be the best way.

Archived