Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2013 "Buy No Guitars" Challenge - **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Feynman

Okay Mitch...let me get a ruling here:

What about if I don't buy any "new" or "used" guitars, but have a number of existing projects completed, thus resulting in newly playable/reconfigured guitars?

I can definitely sign under those terms.

That's essentially what I was counting on. The guitars are already bought but I'm refin/reconfig-ing them.

Okay Mitch...let me get a ruling here:

What about if I don't buy any "new" or "used" guitars, but have a number of existing projects completed, thus resulting in newly playable/reconfigured guitars?

I can definitely sign under those terms.

Sure, what the heck. We can rule on it case by case. Having a set of tuners and adding an entire guitar to them might push it.

This is like asking a painter to swear he won't buy any more brushes.......

I got through 2012 with only one acoustic purchase, plus a few parts for a winter project. With priorities lining up the way they are for 2013, I'm in. Sign me up. :unsure:

Edit: I will now declare for the record that my winter project is a Seafoam Chaparral, for which I bought the body, neck/tuners, and trem for during 2012. I only mean to assemble it this year. Need a ruling, Mitch!

These are my pics:

Early to fall...

Mitch - just cuz you are you, will be among the first to crack.

Belgian - you're about due.

Atquinn - if the used guitar market tanks, you won't be able to restrain yourself.

Jwhitcomb - definitely due and won't be able to restrain himself if a deal can be had.

On the other side of the spectrum -

Punkavenger - like a rock...he ain't gonna break.

Me - I just loaded up my spare cash and some not so spare cash into my kids' 529 accounts. There's nothing coming this way.

The premise of this thread ain't exactly incentive for Hamer to re-enter the marketplace. Just sayin' lol.

It's not incentive for the Hamer Fan Club, either - lol!

Imagine the board traffic after the rush of threads about how we're not buying or selling guitars. The silence would be deafening.

It seems a few of us will try, but who will last?

Add your name if you dare, and we'll just strike it out and date it when you fall.

Don't leave me hanging here.

Wrap up any deals in progress - the challenge will begin on January 11th.

Edited to add: Trades count, jerks.

The Contenders

• Feynman
  • atquinn
  • mcchris
  • punkavenger
  • diablo175
  • belgian
  • velorush
  • Turdus
  • cmatthes
  • hsb0531
  • hackubus
  • thundernotes
  • jwhitcomb3
  • stratacus

Tentative (Please let me know when you are officially in the game)

• savethematches
  • montelovesco

-----

Inspirational Video:

What if we have a substantial modification done to an existing guitar...making it 'new.'

What if we have a substantial modification done to an existing guitar...making it 'new.'

I vote that such a thing be allowed. Wouldn't want the likes of Stike or murkat to be deprived of business due to this idiocy.

I'm officially not in. With all you guys out of play it is too attractive to gobble up some deals. I will buy a Strat or a Tele so i'm out.

I hear that this is going to be a big year for people to be clearing out attics and I'm still looking for Standard No 2 so theres no way I'm getting involved plus I've already committed to buying another Sunburst in January.

waiting for brentrocks posting... waiting, waiting...

Could be a very long wait...........................................................

Archived