Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2013 "Buy No Guitars" Challenge - **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Feynman

If I was a girl there'd be a line around the corner to my house.

Not a very uplifting assumption about girls, rugby... :ph34r:

Stike has a Gibson Vee, a 4-digit Standard, and another silly project of mine down in NC right now. I know that at least one of them is slated for 2013 completion, and one is waiting for Stike to just get nuts enough to want to tackle. We have an understanding that when the time is right, it'll be right, but not before!

I also have a "stealth" project (Hamer content) getting worked on and then have a couple partsocaster things that I'm either going to finally get together or jettison. At least one of those is just way too cool to part with at this point.

I think I'll probably shed more stuff in 2013 than I acquire - that's the plan as of today, anyway.

I have not bought a guitar in several years, so at first I thought signing up was a no-brainer.

But I really do want a vibrato-equipped guitar and I have the cash so the odds say I'd lose pretty fast.

Unless someone can talk me into installing a PRS-style vibrato on a chambered Studio Custom...

I have not bought a guitar in several years, so at first I thought signing up was a no-brainer.

But I really do want a vibrato-equipped guitar and I have the cash so the odds say I'd lose pretty fast.

Unless someone can talk me into installing a PRS-style vibrato on a chambered Studio Custom...

I'll bet Austin has a word or two on that subject.... pretty sure he's already done something like that...

If I was a girl there'd be a line around the corner to my house.

Not a very uplifting assumption about girls, rugby... :ph34r:

Read it again.

-

Austin

Yeah, I get the analogy and the specifics. Weak-willed women.

I didn't buy an electric guitar in 2012, and the only acoustic guitar I bought in 2012 was ordered in early 2011, so either I've developed some discipline or am really overdue.

Tell you one thing, if Luna comes out with an Americana series 12 string at NAMM, I'm a goner. A seafoam green Roland Ready strat or a for sale sighting of the mythical korina Eclipse would also unchain the wallet in a hurry.

Hopeless case here....Can't do it. Got something in the mill. Expect to outsource more than I have come in, but will see at least one thing show up on the doorstep.

I have all I need.

Explain to me WTF that has to do with anything!

No wonder the economy is in the crapper... People trying to get by on what they NEED will cripple us as a nation.

Lockbody, why do you hate your country?

Or just buy whatever you want before the 11th.

Prolly not gonna happen. I'm still researching options. The two that fit the bill are the PRS Santana and Custom 22, but most of the Custom 22s I've found have hardtails.

I have all I need.

Explain to me WTF that has to do with anything!

No wonder the economy is in the crapper... People trying to get by on what they NEED will cripple us as a nation.

Lockbody, why do you hate your country?

Guitars. I don't want or need any more guitars. Now amps...

Archived