Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2013 "Buy No Guitars" Challenge - **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Feynman

If the For Sale section stays as empty of guitars that interest me as it has for the last 7 days, I'm a shoe-in for winning this lil' contest. :lol:

Greg GLasscock is getting me interested in Slammer Series shredders and USA Diablos again. But I'm holding strong, and it may pass soon.

I'm doing well, I think.

I haven't even tried to figure out how to sell a few guitars to get enough to get this. No GAS for it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT JAN 11 -- ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED. THE GAME HAS BEGUN.

The Contenders

• Feynman
  • atquinn
  • mcchris
  • punkavenger
  • diablo175 Jan 30
  • belgian
  • velorush
  • Turdus
  • cmatthes
  • hsb0531
  • hackubus
  • thundernotes
  • jwhitcomb3
  • stratacus
  • Bennyboy-UK
  • LordsoftheJungle
  • Lockbody
  • Scottcrud
  • FrettyMcgee
  • veatch
  • Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame
  • GusS

-----

Inspirational Video:

One down...

Couple of close calls here... but I am still in.

So am I, and I don't want to be!!

Your name isn't even on the fucking list!

The Narcissism continues to reach new depths.

What will you do next? Proclaim yourself to be a microwave oven so JohnnyB can wax poetic about you?

Couple of close calls here... but I am still in.

So am I, and I don't want to be!!

Your name isn't even on the fucking list!

The Narcissism continues to reach new depths.

What will you do next? Proclaim yourself to be a microwave oven so JohnnyB can wax poetic about you?

lol I just meant that I haven't been able to buy a guitar all year.

And here I am....Having PAID for one and WAITING (not so patiently) for delivery.......But I knew I could not be a survivor in this competition.

And...I'm out.

My 1 year old skinny necked guitar was causing me physical pain to play, so it goes on the block. Just ordered a totally different guitar to take its place. Not saying what it is, but the neck is fat. Boy, is it fat, too. Might not be best for carvin it up, but should be comfortable (and hopefully pain free) to play. On the board a bird's eye'll see me foaming at the mouth when it arrives.

I'm out. Unexpected opportunity came up to buy back something from a friend. Since I sold it to him at a realistic price, it was offered back to me for the same realistic price. Therefore, it was just to good of a deal to pass up. Oh well.

And...I'm out.

My 1 year old skinny necked guitar was causing me physical pain to play, so it goes on the block. Just ordered a totally different guitar to take its place. Not saying what it is, but the neck is fat. Boy, is it fat, too. Might not be best for carvin it up, but should be comfortable (and hopefully pain free) to play. On the board a bird's eye'll see me foaming at the mouth when it arrives.

And then there were 3... Mitch, Belgian, Atquinn embrace the opportunities. :P

For the record, I'm still in. That V90 I was poised to acquire did not happen. I pulled the plug on that deal. Got too many irons in the fire with past projects already bought and paid for.

And don't think, for a second, that this contest had any bearing on that decision...

Archived