Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your first Hamer - post pics!

cmatthes

Pic is from '87 - I got this '83 Special a few years before:

15325_1405618257758_5917430_n.jpg

(Tobacco SB LP Custom and Yellow '85 Tokai belonged to Serial, the others were mine)

Once I got started, they came pretty fast and furious. At one point within the first year I had five Specials from various eras and two goldtops. But this was my first Hamer, a '94 Special FM, bought new. I still have it and it still sees regular use.

SpecialFM.jpg

After being around to see some of the very first ones, I spent the next 19 years waiting for me, the guitar and the money to all be together at the same place and time. ;)

PA260292.jpg

eBay score back in 2008. After lurking for years, I joined the HFC to try to learn exactly what I had bought. The guitar went (to The Shark, and to someone else after him: neither of us cared for the neck profile), but I kept the HFC. :)

This was really an excellent guitar; lightweight given its dimension, incredibly resonant and tons of useful sounds. If I had it back, I'd probably still sell it, but first I'd swipe the 10.5k Slammer humbucker. It was an excellent sounding pickup.

s7300105.jpg

I got this one back in '05 or so, right here offa this board from Bruce919 IIRC. Probably should have kept it, it was a good one.

I first saw Hamers in the Music Emporium catalogs in the late seventies. Here's their catalog from 1978....

CatalogPic.jpg

Here's my first....

OriginalHamerPic.jpg

Waxing nostalgic, I purchased this restored gem from Jay (Murkat)....check the front coil of the bridge pickup. A little natural wear.....

DSCN9520.jpg

My first Hamer is long gone unfortunately. It was a red Chaparral I picked up at a local shop in '96-'97 I believe. Sold it because I wanted that "Strat" sound. I then bought this Daytona here on the HFC from pultz back when it was a news group / usenet IIRC

daytona.jpg

Guys,

well I have always been into Hamer.

I first met Paul beginning of the 80ies at the german Musik Messe Fair in Frankfurt.

I got a checkerboard strap back then and one of the small checkerboard Standard lapel pins from Paul and have never owned a Hamer until last year. I still do have the old checker strap....

So last year I bought my first 12 String Bass, see picture. It was a cool bass, but I didn't get used to the short scale that much and soon sold it and got me that black Standard 12.....and am finally infected after that long time with the Hamer bug......

Anyone got any Standard Basses for sale? :-)

Greetz

Oliver

OliverB12S_zpsdb461721.jpgauto_image_db.jpg

I will admit to being late to the party. I only got into playing electrics, after many years as acoustic only, about 6 years ago. About a year later I was fortunate enough to pick up the phantoglide. I no longer own it, but it was the guitar that got me into Hamers and many have since followed me home. If it wasn't for the weight, I would still own this one.

IMG_5643.jpg

This was my first. I believe it was an 85 that Jack used on tour and sent back to the factory to have his name inlayed on the fretboard. They built him a new one just like it. I was lucky enough to get this one from my local music store owner who got it from Paul Hamer. It cost me a 1943 Gibson L7 that had the tailpeice from a 51 Les Paul on it as a replacement and sales tax on the Hamer.

MVC-002X.jpg

2.jpg

Archived