Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2003 Studio Custom GT P90 Arrived

DavidE

This guitar is a feather compared to the one I recently sold. This I can happily gig with. I'm a seriously happy camper!

And though it was advertised like new, there is very slight Hameritis on the sides of the neck joint if you know where to look. Certificate from Hamer included too! And cream covers. ;-)

Hi David,

Congrats on your purchase.

I think the Goldtop P90 is a great guitar.

There recently was a thread about the weight of these guitars. And now I see you writing it is light as a feather.

Here's a picture of mine.

d3dc8129.jpg

Gabe :blink:

Great guitars. The new ones look much yellower and not so green as mine (1996).

If you ever get bored of the stock P-90s, I heartily recommend Gibson re-issue minibuckers in this guitar. I did it a over a year ago and the guitar has remained in heavy rotation ever since.

Oh, and who needs a certificate? That Hameritis proves it's authentic! :blink:

Congrats!

-Jonathan

"There recently was a thread about the weight of these guitars. And now I see you writing it is light as a feather."

Well, it's a feather compared to the one I had. A few HFCers tried to lift it and I can tell you they'll verify that it was very dense wood. This one isn't 4 lbs like my strat, but it's really on the light side IMHO.

And yeah, I think it looks more yellow and probably a different type of finish. It's shown as Aztec gold on the certificate while my older one was more like a Gibby goldtop with copper in there that would probably turn green in time. More metallic looking.

Here's a picture of mine.

d3dc8129.jpg

I have another question about these guitars.

If you look at the picture you can see that there is no gold paint between the neck pickup and the neck. This disturbs me a little, because I would think in a top quality instrument this should have been painted.

Is this the same on your guitar, David?

Is this the same on all these guitars.

Any thoughts on this?

That's weird. Mine has finish there too. Maybe there was a neck repair?

It is a 2002 and I bought it (sight unseen via the internet) in 2002, NEW, from Glyn's Guitar Gallery. With warranty from Hamer.

I will ask the customer department of Hamer about it and let you know if I find out more.

Archived