Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Artist Now Known as Dickhead

After watching the posted Roots clip, I wanted to smash that Epi myself.

Prince rrrrrrripped in the live clip, but you can tell he wan't happy with the tone of those mini hums.

He probably felt he was doing everyone a favor, and for this I applaud him.

Meh, it's only an Epiphone.

Kidding.

Exactly!

I would be thrilled if Prince smashed one of my guitars.

Would you be thrilled if he slept with your wife?

Would there be cuddling?

Prince rrrrrrripped in the live clip, but you can tell he wan't happy with the tone of those mini hums.

Sorry Kiz, I gotta call bullshit on that. You just don't fuck with another man's guitars, regardless of your feelings about the make/model. I ain't a fan of Epi's, vintage or otherwise, but I know well enough not to pull some mega-prick stunt like that. I don't care who the fuck you are (or are calling yourself this month) that is just plain fucked up. Maybe we don't have the whole story but based on what is known, I'd say that Prince Putrid owes that guy another '61 Epi WITH an autograph and a sincere apology.

WTF is causing all of this hostility? So Prince launches a guitar BFD. You reach that level of status and you CAN do this because you can pay for it. Prince has been dropping guitars for a while now. Not the first time I've seen this. Considering the appearance and his recent grammy show sighting is promoting a new release you might expect something to add word of mouth hype.

Prince playing live on broadcast is fairly rare. The man is a f'n genius with virtuoso chops and melodic dexterity. Regardless of rock or R&B via New Power Generation lately his performance is always inspired and over the top.

WTF is causing all of this hostility? So Prince launches a guitar BFD. You reach that level of status and you CAN do this because you can pay for it. Prince has been dropping guitars for a while now. Not the first time I've seen this. Considering the appearance and his recent grammy show sighting is promoting a new release you might expect something to add word of mouth hype.

Prince playing live on broadcast is fairly rare. The man is a f'n genius with virtuoso chops and melodic dexterity. Regardless of rock or R&B via New Power Generation lately his performance is always inspired and over the top.

Really? You think that gives him the right to destroy someone's vintage ax that way? Like I said, IMO, I don't care who you are, ya don't mess with another man's ax like that. If I'm missing a big chunk of the subtext, i.e. Prince choreographed this or made arrangements to compensate the guy behind the scenes then my rant is for naught. I'm basing my opinion on the apparent fact that Douglas didn't seem to know that was gonna happen.

Sorry Kiz, I gotta call bullshit on that. You just don't fuck with another man's guitars, regardless of your feelings about the make/model.

Listen, His Royal Badness rrrrripped it up on the guy's axe and thought, "This scrub will never be able to match my awesomeness if he played it for the rest of his life," so he probably figured he owed it to the guitar to end its life while it is still on that high.

It's like when Jerry Lee Lewis sets his piano on fire. No one is going to rip it up like The Killer after that, so the piano should be burned.

LOL. Awright, I'll admit, ya had me going, Kiz. For a brief minute there I thought you were for real. My bad. :D

Sorry Kiz, I gotta call bullshit on that. You just don't fuck with another man's guitars, regardless of your feelings about the make/model. I ain't a fan of Epi's, vintage or otherwise, but I know well enough not to pull some mega-prick stunt like that. I don't care who the fuck you are (or are calling yourself this month) that is just plain fucked up. Maybe we don't have the whole story but based on what is known, I'd say that Prince Putrid owes that guy another '61 Epi WITH an autograph and a sincere apology.

Me too. Love ya, Kiz, but unless you were kidding, that makes no sense at all. I'm all for Prince buying a '61 Epi to that guy, plus writing a sincere apology letter -f*ck the autograph though.

LOL. Awright, I'll admit, ya had me going, Kiz. For a brief minute there I thought you were for real. My bad. :D

He got me too, the muthafucka! :lol:

Sorry Kiz, I gotta call bullshit on that. You just don't fuck with another man's guitars, regardless of your feelings about the make/model.

Listen, His Royal Badness rrrrripped it up on the guy's axe and thought, "This scrub will never be able to match my awesomeness if he played it for the rest of his life," so he probably figured he owed it to the guitar to end its life while it is still on that high.

It's like when Jerry Lee Lewis sets his piano on fire. No one is going to rip it up like The Killer after that, so the piano should be burned.

Now did I hear someone say: "AMEN"! lolz

Seriously Kiz, I came to work today and got the news that a colleague passed away last night. Your posts in this thread totally made my day. :D Supershittytothemax.

This all could have been avoided if the guy from the Roots simply said "no" to the Purple One in the first place. What we have here is the unfortunate consequence of still being starstruck despite having carved out a perfectly successful career for yourself. Then came the ultimate insult, where he remained starstruck by asking Mr. Unpronounceable Symbol to autograph the remains and received a "no" in return.

This all could have been avoided if the guy from the Roots simply said "no" to the Purple One in the first place. What we have here is the unfortunate consequence of still being starstruck despite having carved out a perfectly successful career for yourself. Then came the ultimate insult, where he remained starstruck by asking Mr. Unpronounceable Symbol to autograph the remains and received a "no" in return.

I think I would have lent my guitar to Prince too... or actually to anyone that would have asked for it. One just develops some trust by default when other musicians hit the same venue than you at the same time. I've already played with someone elses' amps, guitars and basses -waaaay more than once- and some people have also played my instruments live. That adds A LOT to the empathy I feel my side for the owner of that Epi.

So Prince launches a guitar BFD.

Sooo... What if the guitar was a gift from a lost loved one or friend, or had other sentimental value? What if it was his first real guitar that he worked two jobs all summer to pay for when he was 13?

This was a shite move, plain and simple.

And i stand with Dave - send the purple Hamer. But it might get tossed...

Archived