Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Artist Now Known as Dickhead

Even better would be if the Roots guy smashed it on the air.

LOL! :lol:

Prince stopped by the house today. Wanted to jam a little.

Prince.jpg

LOL!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Meh, it's only an Epiphone. Kidding.

Exactly!I would be thrilled if Prince smashed one of my guitars.
Would you be thrilled if he slept with your wife?
Would there be cuddling?

I had given him my Import with a chance to receive a better guitar in a compensation move.

It was a dick move, but are we sure it wasn't just a publicity stunt? I noticed in the latest Sweetwater catalog that Epiphone just re-issued this same guitar...

Here. But it's only available in cherry.

Crstwood62_Splash.jpg

It was a dick move, but are we sure it wasn't just a publicity stunt? I noticed in the latest Sweetwater catalog that Epiphone just re-issued this same guitar...

Now we're onto something.

WTF is causing all of this hostility? So Prince launches a guitar BFD. You reach that level of status and you CAN do this because you can pay for it. Prince has been dropping guitars for a while now. Not the first time I've seen this. Considering the appearance and his recent grammy show sighting is promoting a new release you might expect something to add word of mouth hype.

Prince playing live on broadcast is fairly rare. The man is a f'n genius with virtuoso chops and melodic dexterity. Regardless of rock or R&B via New Power Generation lately his performance is always inspired and over the top.

...and his music blows, and it always has.

WTF is causing all of this hostility? So Prince launches a guitar BFD. You reach that level of status and you CAN do this because you can pay for it. Prince has been dropping guitars for a while now. Not the first time I've seen this. Considering the appearance and his recent grammy show sighting is promoting a new release you might expect something to add word of mouth hype.

Prince playing live on broadcast is fairly rare. The man is a f'n genius with virtuoso chops and melodic dexterity. Regardless of rock or R&B via New Power Generation lately his performance is always inspired and over the top.

...and his music blows, and it always has.

What's that saying about opinions? :lol:

-

Austin

Yes, it was white (or off-white) in the catalog.

I remember when Gibson did these, with the P-90s. I like the one with the mini hums, but could do without the tremelo... at least they got the knob layout correct. Always a cool looking guitar in my book.

LOL. Awright, I'll admit, ya had me going, Kiz. For a brief minute there I thought you were for real. My bad. :D

He got me too, the muthafucka! :lol:

Show of hands....

Who actually thinks I'm joking?

LOL. Awright, I'll admit, ya had me going, Kiz. For a brief minute there I thought you were for real. My bad. :D

He got me too, the muthafucka! :lol:

Show of hands....

Who actually thinks I'm joking?

I'm not. But it was fun as hell anyway, either way.

The man is a f'n genius with virtuoso chops and melodic dexterity. Regardless of rock or R&B via New Power Generation lately his performance is always inspired and over the top.

he's a very talented singer/songwriter/producer/multi-instrumentalist, but he doesn't have what I'd consider "virtuoso chops".

The man is a f'n genius with virtuoso chops and melodic dexterity. Regardless of rock or R&B via New Power Generation lately his performance is always inspired and over the top.

he's a very talented singer/songwriter/producer/multi-instrumentalist, but he doesn't have what I'd consider "virtuoso chops".

What about "flawless technique"? ;)

What about "flawless technique"? ;)

rip a $20 in half when he borrows your guitar, if it comes back in one piece then he gets the other half.

Not for nothing, but that Roots dude is a fairly high profile Gibson endorser. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if that was a stunt.

Not for nothing, but that Roots dude is a fairly high profile Gibson endorser. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if that was a stunt.

We're hoping, but the crazing on this headstock and the chipping of the gold figure in the middle looks more like vintage aging to me. I s'pose it could have gotten surface cracks that way from the fall.

BEUFrmyCYAAW1Vu.jpeg

I was never saying that the broken guitar wasn't a vintage one - it clearly IS. Just interesting that Gibson/Epiphone just released a fairly obscure, not really collectible model just as his gets taken out of mothballs and smashed! :D

Cracking up reading this shit. I went to one of his concerts with my girlfriend and I could not stand the music. Funk shit all night long. Fucking torture to my ears.

He owned a night club at one time where he walked by me on something like a Monday when it was not busy as all up on the second floor. Little is not the word - he was about 5'4" in boots with heels !

Archived