Hamer Fan Club Message Center

List a few favorite female singer's, artists.

No one mentioned BETH HART? Check out her Live at Paradiso CD.....holy cow!

I also like some Michelle Shocked......also all the regulars, Ann & Nancy, Chrissie, Benatar, etc etc.

Just read the Wilson's Heart bio...an excellent read.

From new 2012 album by Iris MeDent. Kind of a low key, little known by the masses alto that is as good as any country singer ever imo. Very authentic, non contrived like many of today. She's the type you see on PBS and singing somewhere in DC for various elite types.

All the way to page 5 and still don't see her, so;

GRACE SLICK.

And a bunch of the gals already mentioned.

And how could I ever forget Cass Elliot after I promised that I never would? Sorry Mama.

All the way to page 5 and still don't see her, so;

GRACE SLICK.

And a bunch of the gals already mentioned.

And how could I ever forget Cass Elliot after I promised that I never would? Sorry Mama.

Another great contralto. That voice range gives a lot of power to woman without sounding masculine. Perfect for rock imo.

Judy Garland is a contralto for example. Katy Perry, Aimee Mann, S. Manson.Chrissie Hynde, Adele among others.

Harriet Wheeler - The Sundays

I have a very special place in my heart for Mrs. Wheeler.

Karen Peris of the innocence mission

& I believe the same Patty Griffin that ToadRoller mentioned in his post. Her album Flaming Red was my first listen.

While I'm thinking about it - last night I saw that 'Runaways' movie with Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart and it wasn't half bad. Kinda heavy handed at first, but the sight of Fanning dressed as a stripper singing 'Cherry Bomb' to a Japanese audience is too good to pass up. Fanning all growed up now, and Stewart wasn't nearly as annoying as she has been in her mainstream stuff.

This is good and nice rack on the guitar player.

Love when HFCers post this video. They do a great job with the song, and yes, there are some very nice visuals going on!

Maria del Mar fronted National Velvet... saw them live in a large club back in the day. They were opening for the London Quireboys...

That show was scary loud but super clean. I have to say that mixer was TOPS!

I / we had the pleasure of opening for Maria's post NV project called 'Hassenpfeffer'. She is something else let me tell you!

so many. Ann Wilson, Amy Lee, Holly Cole ( killer torch jazz singer), Allison Goldfrapp, Little Boots, KT Tunstall, Gretchen Wilson, Liz Phair, Alanis Morissette, Shakira, Amy Winehouse, etc.

These two have gotten most of the playtime lately though, I love em both.

Pinks latest album is killer. It's basically a rock album.

and it's no secret I'm enamored with Gaga's voice.

Archived