Hamer Fan Club Message Center

4x2 headstocks appreciation thread --U got'em? Show'em!

Are there any owners of guitars with 4x2 headstocks over here? They still look odd to me, but would love to see what you got, if you got some.

Do you mean 8-string guitars with a 4x2 headstock, 4+2 6-string guitars, or 4x2 8-string basses?

ibanez+tosin+abasi+8-string+headstock.jpAl%2BHeadstock.JPG320300886899-4.jpg

I almost bought an Axis SS MM90... But I didn't, so I have nothing else to post. :(

Does anyone other than EBMM do 4+2?

Not "legally". EBMM patented and/or trademarked in the USA 4+2 on guitar headstock and tries to enforce it as well. Kind of a bogus patent as there were a few guitars out before them with 4+2 headstocks.

Carvin makes a 2x4 headstock on their Holdsworth model. http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/hf2s

I got to tour the factory when I was in San Diego last week, and they told me exactly what's been mentioned here - can't do certain headstocks because of EB and others.

I meant 4+2, but I see you guys like multiplying. :) Next time we'll say 3x3 I assume some 9-stringers will show, right? :)

Anyway, I know of the Caparison Dellinger, which has 4+2 (or 2+4):

82306586_7a9164ef20_o.jpg

There's also the Carvin Neil Zaza's signature:

nz-surabaya-carvin.jpg

I almost bought an Axis SS MM90... But I didn't, so I have nothing else to post. :(

Not "legally". EBMM patented and/or trademarked in the USA 4+2 on guitar headstock and tries to enforce it as well. Kind of a bogus patent as there were a few guitars out before them with 4+2 headstocks.

Certainly as legitimate as DiMarzio's double creme patent!

Forgot to add: <_<

Certainly as legitimate as DiMarzio's double creme patent!

Forgot to add: <_<

It chaps my ass a bit but if you really think of it, Larry made almost all of his pickups in DC at first and with Hex Poles. If you found a DC pickup back in the day you could figure it was a Dimarzio and you could be confused or tricked easily if someone tried to copy it. EB had the right to Pat. the Headstock as a trademark just like Fender has on its guitar as well as Gibson has on theirs. If they were all smart as they think they were they would have Patented the Whole Shape and guitar. You wouldn't see all the rip offs we have today.

Archived